Crown Victoria to Jetta TDI
By Beetle Juice on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
After driving a Ford Crown Victoria for 18 years, it is going to take a while to get used to a smaller car where I feel and hear more of the road than I would like. The 16-inch rims and low profile tires give the car a sporty feel but I prefer the smoother ride of a large sedan. I took the Mercury Milan Hybrid on a test drive first but it was priced too high. It was smoother and quieter than the Jetta. I am impressed with the fuel efficiency after 500 miles. I am getting 34 mpg city and 47 highway while driving between 65-70 mph. When the piston rings are seated and the car is more broken in, I expect to do better.
Favorite Features
The excellent fuel efficiency, the DSG transmission, quality construction, power windows & mirrors, decent handling, good sound system, the fold down back seat that increases trunk space, and the chrome grill is a nice touch.
Suggested Improvements
The brake pedal is too far above the accelerator pedal making it more awkward to stop the car. All power seat adjustment, automatic light shut off, and a bigger steering wheel. Getting out of the car is a chore and not as easy as a larger sedan, even for an active and limber person like me.