2009 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Best for the planet and

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

Best for the planet and pocketbook!
By PZeiger on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I'm acquainted with diesel because the last time I visted my relatives in Austria, they picked me up in a Audi A6 diesel. I previously owned a second generation VW Scirocco in the 80's and although I loved the car physically, it was a mechanical nightmare. Eventually got 140K on it but with two transmissions! This TDI is an unbelievable car! Everything is well thought out and superb quality. VW's attention to detail is unmatched. Little things like the back of the seat belt fastener has velvet backing on it so it doesn't scratch or make noise! The interior of the glove box is velvet lined like a jewelry box. The drive is true German, sporty, responsive, crisp, and joyous!

Favorite Features

Awesome acceleration and handling, high quality interior and materials, great SAT radio and speakers, cavernous trunk, oversized VW emblems, mirror turn signals.

Suggested Improvements

Auto headlight turn off/alarm when car is turned off, more storage areas, and rework child safety locking on back doors. When you're in a hurry trying to open the back doors you always have to hit fob again. Makes you crazy!