A very good car and it requires maintenance
By redlude on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I have 100K miles on the car & have been very happy. I had an electrical issue. It was resolved. Maintenance costs can be cut in half by purchasing the parts yourself & then have a reputable non dealer garage install them. My chosen garage specializes in German vehicles and were rated very highly. I use Lucas and Stanadyne Diesel fuel treatements for injector cleaning & additional injector/fuel pump lubrication. I am gearing up to change my timing belt. I am going to pay $700 instead of the $1200 mentioned on another review here. I researched and purchased the parts online and provided them to my mechanic. I expect to see many miles more.... God willing and the creek don't rise
Favorite Features
Fuel Economy of course!! However, the interior is nice and well designed. Typically German IMO. I love the heated seats during the colder months. The trunk space is amazing for a car that size. In spite of some of the reviews in here, my car has been very reliable, sure there some quirks but I can live with it as it is. After the turbo kicks in, I love the rapid and smooth acceleration as well.
Suggested Improvements
Agree the air conditioner could do better and the turbo lag has proven to be significant, if I do not keep that in mind while i am driving. I usually try to keep the RPMs up a bit and that normally keeps the lag at bay.