2009 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: 6-spd manual TDI....Great car

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

6-spd manual TDI....Great car and value!
By Eric on

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have owned my TDI for 6 months and it has been great. My previous car was a Volvo T5 S40 and I must say the TDI has plenty of power. Diesels have so many benefits but they also offer great power at any speed. Always wanted a VW but didn't like the quality of the gas motors. Decided to take the leap from Volvo (longtime owner--last 4 cars were S60 and S40 turbos...well one Acura TSX in that time also) after having some quality issues. I am very impressed with the quality of materials and how the car fits together. The ride is firm and sporty. It drives like a front wheel drive version of the BMW 3 series (if only the Jetta was RWD it would be the perfect car!) Average 40- 43 mpg.

2.0L diesel motor, interior/exterior looks, comfort, power, fuel mileage is GREAT, loads of Torque, Bluetooth, iPod, handling and safety rating. Very solid feeling car. WOULD BUY AGAIN WITHOUT HESITATION. Probably the smartest car purchase I have ever made.

Improve bluetooth handsfree function (my Acura was much better at this), stereo is good but not great, automatic lights (2010 has them). Memory & complete power seats would be nice. Real leather option would be nice. These are all things that are not a big deal to me but would be an improvement.