Used 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

2009 Jetta problem vehicle
By Dave

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Our car has been in the shop 12 times this year, and continues to have problems. VW of America offered $1500 toward a new VW, or $500 for all the service visits. The fuel system and front suspension have been rebuilt, and new problems surface daily. This is a German car built in Mexico, and is of poor quality. Also, when it runs, during moderate acceleration, the front wheels are overpowered. This causes front wheel hop that shakes the dash and prevents forward progress. The chassis can not handle the turbo engine. On the highway, the vehicle is very loud, lots of road, tire and wind noise. Another point, the dealerships Do not stock parts. pass this car up.

Looks, interior, brakes,

Customer service. Train service staff better. Stock the parts that fail on a regular basis. We all know about the fuel pumps, and control arms. Take a hint from Nissan, and control the torque steer, and front wheel hop.

VERY IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!
By j sansone

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

So far I seem to be very impressed with the build quality.

Silky smooth transmission,and pep from 2.5 liter surprised me

a/c vent on top of dash should be some sort of storage.

A year and 20,000 miles later.
By Tom Cheesman

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I still love driving this car. Handling and suspension are tight, no rattles or squeaks. Manual transmission is so much fun. Getting consistent 29-30 mpg with 80%/20% hwy/city. Going from San Diego to central California with four passengers, powered along @ 80 mph at times & car stayed planted and steady. Around 10k service, noticed slight tapping noise in engine. Dealer replaced valve camshaft at no cost. Total maintenance cost to this point is $0.00. Dealer provides free oil changes for life! While dropping daughter's Escape off @ Ford for service, a car shopper asked about my Jetta. I ended up doing a VW sales pitch to him in the middle of Ford dealership. VW is doing it right, so far.

Plenty of head, shoulder, hip/leg room for 6'4" driver. Tight suspension, smooth manual transmission, excellent power and torque, car pulls along beautifully. On empty stretch of road, I got the car up to 90 mph and car pulled along effortlessly. Good gas mileage for non-hybrid/diesel. Huge trunk.

Ability to open all the windows remotely, using the key fob. Right now, I have to turn the key in the door lock.

Love It!
By VW Jetta TDI Loyal E

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is our 5th TDI. We started out with a 1983 Jetta Turbo Diesel - sold it with 210,000 miles and it's still on the road. We had it for 15 yrs. Next was a 1986 Turbo Diesel; sold with 270,000 miles;had it for 15 yrs and it's still on the road. Then we had a 1998 TDI, sold with 170,000 miles - still around. We now have a 2006 and a 2009 TDI and love them both. All cars were purchased brand new.

Love the quick pickup when coming onto a highway. The brakes are magnificent. We think the looks are the best ever.

I wish the gas mileage on the 2009 (approx 40 mpg could compare to the 2006 (approx 45 mpg.)

I love my Jetta!
By Stefanie

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my Jetta. It has so many upscale features and is a great value and fun to drive. For a fairly small car, it's incredibly well designed, making optimal space in the backseat and a large trunk. When my lease runs out I plan to get another one! Why would I buy any other car?

When I start the car up when it's cold outside, the brakes squeal.