2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
TDI Convert
By AGL on 10/03/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Call me a convert! I ditched my 07 Chevy Tahoe for some TDI fun. I waited several months for a TDI sport wagon and it was worth the wait. This car is a joy to drive and the mileage is fantastic. I drove a friend's hybrid Camry, and a Prius, before testing the TDI. There is simply no comparison. Toyota's hybrids are great at what they do, but I couldn't imagine driving one on a daily basis. This is my first VW, and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the diesel option in the new Tiguan so my wife can have a little fun. Zipping around town in the Jetta is loads of fun, and I am looking forward to my first road trip.

maiden diesel voyage
By Floridian on 09/16/08 17:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Very solid build. The 6 speed manual is very smooth and really lets you enjoy the torque of the diesel. I live in south Florida and the sunscreen over the panoramic sunroof actually does keep it cool inside. I am 6'6" and have plenty of headroom and my kids can still sit behind me. First tank was 39.5 mpg with 60% highway. I have seen over 50 mpg over long stretches at 72-75 mph.

Too much fun for such great mpg
By coolbreeze on 08/26/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is a true driving machine. The diesel engine is smooth, clean, quiet, and fast. The turbo kicks in and you take off. Fit and finish is wonderful. The panoramic roof is worth every dime. Makes the interior feel so roomy, and even living in nc I do not feel any effect from solar heat. Suspension is right on. I have seen mpg of 52 for my round trip to work and back (45 miles rt). I can't wait to drive it tomorrow.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta in VA is:

$121 per month*