2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Too much fun for such great mpg
By coolbreeze on 08/26/08 20:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

This is a true driving machine. The diesel engine is smooth, clean, quiet, and fast. The turbo kicks in and you take off. Fit and finish is wonderful. The panoramic roof is worth every dime. Makes the interior feel so roomy, and even living in nc I do not feel any effect from solar heat. Suspension is right on. I have seen mpg of 52 for my round trip to work and back (45 miles rt). I can't wait to drive it tomorrow.

The best car i ever owned.
By Gabe on 08/22/08 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Loyal Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I drove about 350 mi with my new car and I still have 1/2 of the tank full. Drives like a rocket, very solid feel. Did I mentioned that it is quiet and acceleration it so powerful especially up hill. I love this car the ride is comfortable. This is our main car from now on. I was diving the other day up hill and a Toyota Prius did have very hard time keeping up with the traffic. Bottom line go get one.

Extremely Fun and Fuel Efficient
By Mrstacy on 08/21/08 13:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Loyal Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I was considering hybrids, but heard about this one coming out. I'm glad I waited. It has tremendous acceleration and great handling. The computer showed that I got 44.3 mpg on a 300 mile trip. I'm still over half a tank plus I drove around all day today. The engine is quiet and clean. I've seen older tdis spouting dirty smoke, but this one does not. There is also a minimal amount of noise. If you are inside, you can't hear it at all at idle. When you punch the throttle, this thing takes off. A lot of push. I notice it especially around 20-30 mpg like trying to get on freeway. It is peppy! The materials are as good as the bmw 650i we own. Just don't confuse the fuel!

compared to '05 TDI
By Larry K on 08/18/08 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Loyal Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have only driven 200 miles in the new TDI clean, but I already know I would rather have the leather seat package I had on the '05. The car is my office, and this one is not as comfortable as the '05. I am an outside sales rep, and I drive A LOT. The "clean" is fun to drive, the sound system is better, it has more features in the dash, which I like. So far I have used 1/4 tank of fuel according to the gage, we shall see how that continues to play out. Overall, I really like the "clean". I do have more space to carry my sales bags and samples, and there is more power to carry it all.

It's just perfect
By dan on 08/14/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Loyal Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Talk about a good car, hits all 3 strong points comfort, fuel economy, and reliability. I'm a big guy, and i fit just right in this wonderful car, also it's got that big trunk we all been looking for. Its fun to drive to, that engine torque is all what matters these days. To anyone who is skeptical about diesel cars, take it for a test drive, you will fall in love with it.

Best car that I have ever own
By semper on 08/09/08 22:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen SE PZEV 4dr Wagon (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

nice handling, more than enough power, sporty feeling, gorgeous interior design, well equipped standard options that can't be found in other cars in the same price range, nice panoramic sunroof that covers almost entire roof - I feel like I am driving a convertible car. My two year old son loves this. Aside from the things above, I was a huge fan of Japanese cars. I have owned Corolla, Accord, Camry, and Sienna so far. But, I don't know if I like Japanese cars any more. Now, I like VW Jetta 100x better than any of my previous cars.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta in WA is:

$174 per month*