2009 VW TDI DSG Tranny Update
By adrenalinetdi on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
Seriously folks, you must have to get this Dealer Warranty replaced. Our 2.0L TDI has a Mechtronic Controller Unit that sits atop the DSG Tranny. This Unit controls and puts a stop to the jerky and hesitation. Palisades VW in New York replaced mine last summer and WOW it has made a significant difference in the fuel economy, quickness, and safety. Now, when I press the pedal lightly, the TDI shifts smooooth and quick. Also, when slowing down, no more jerks. At 58 MPH I get 52 MPG with the AC blowing cold. In the city, at 45 MPH I get 60 + MPG. Seriously, do not let the dealers tell you otherwise. We spent extra money for the TDI for a reason. Make the call and beat the BMW driving uphill.
Favorite Features
The 2009 VW TDI has features not found on the 2010 or newer. Basically we have a Luxury Passat with a Compressor Turbo Diesel power-plant. The Air Conditioner is Electronic without the use of belts. Here in Florida we have a dirt that is named "sugar sand." 4 wheel drive trucks get stuck in this sand. My TDI is a champion, its motor and electronic traction controllers went to work and drove the TDI right out onto pavement. Sitting in the cockpit, everything I need is at my fingertips. At night, the interior lights up like an airplane cockpit.
Suggested Improvements
I had hoped that this was exactly the build of the German made VW and no the Mexican VW. There is a real difference in the paint and body metal. But that is why we pay to have a Comprehensive insurance policy, insurance against dings and dents and paint scrapes and headlight plastics that go bad with time. A trailer hitch to pull a small boat would be a nice extra. Uhual will install for $400.