2009 Jetta Wolfsburg
By brishimmel on
2009 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
I LOVE my Jetta. Before I started having problems with it I swore by VW and said my future cars would be VW's. Well in the past three weeks, that has changed. Once my Jetta hit 25k, everything went wrong. Check engine light always comes on, it has left me stranded two times in three weeks. Both times have been the fuel pump. The first time (3 weeks ago) the dealer said they replaced it, now I am doubting that they did. Now they are saying it is the fuel pump again. I called roadside asst which is still under my warranty and they charged me $250+ to have it towed to my dealer where I live. Again, love my Jetta but be sure you have $$ to fix it when it goes out of warranty.
Favorite Features
I love the way this car feels when it drives. Although, after it hit 25k I noticed a "lag" or a hesitation when it would pull out. I know it is a turbo but I had never had this problem before. I do love the interior. You can tell the leather is nice quality and I love the black/tan trim. However, I do hear a coupld rattles here and there which are annoying.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the fuel system! My warranty is up in Dec & with two major things that have gone wrong in the past 3 weeks, I am definitely going to trade it in. VW roadside asst is terrible. Like I said, they charged me $250+ to have it towed to my dealer where I live. This had happened in the middle of the night & once the tow truck took my VW to my dealer at 3am, roadside said he couldn't leave it there because there was no night drop & he needed to tow it back 110 miles where the car was originally picked up. Think they would've said this when he originally came. Also wanted to charged me agian to take it back to Phx and tow it back down to Tucson on Monday.
By 1ptbijou
on 06/03/13 14:22 PM (PDT)

Bad diesel fuel or water contaminated fuel is the problem. If you have a diesel, always fuel up at a reputable retailer like Shell mobil etc and keep your receipts.