Used 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Hole on Side of Drivers Seat
By maolra

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have enjoyed te car basically. Had front suspesion problemsit was a problem apprantly all 2009 Wolfsburg Jetta had . Service Dept was great rent a car free no problem. But I noticed a hole or abrasion at fist starting on drivers side @10k seat where seat belt comes around. Very noticable when car door is opened now. Now further stiching is is coming apart. Frame of seat pushing against side of drivers seat has created a hole the size of a mans thumb. V>W> is huh ?Calling V.W. North America as it has loded te value of car. I change my own plugs/coil and oil. Also spent the 100 bucks to get Bently manual. But I insist they replace the seat or I spend $225 for friont canvas seat covers.

2009 Jetta Wolfsburg
By brishimmel

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I LOVE my Jetta. Before I started having problems with it I swore by VW and said my future cars would be VW's. Well in the past three weeks, that has changed. Once my Jetta hit 25k, everything went wrong. Check engine light always comes on, it has left me stranded two times in three weeks. Both times have been the fuel pump. The first time (3 weeks ago) the dealer said they replaced it, now I am doubting that they did. Now they are saying it is the fuel pump again. I called roadside asst which is still under my warranty and they charged me $250+ to have it towed to my dealer where I live. Again, love my Jetta but be sure you have $$ to fix it when it goes out of warranty.

Favorite Features

I love the way this car feels when it drives. Although, after it hit 25k I noticed a "lag" or a hesitation when it would pull out. I know it is a turbo but I had never had this problem before. I do love the interior. You can tell the leather is nice quality and I love the black/tan trim. However, I do hear a coupld rattles here and there which are annoying.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fuel system! My warranty is up in Dec & with two major things that have gone wrong in the past 3 weeks, I am definitely going to trade it in. VW roadside asst is terrible. Like I said, they charged me $250+ to have it towed to my dealer where I live. This had happened in the middle of the night & once the tow truck took my VW to my dealer at 3am, roadside said he couldn't leave it there because there was no night drop & he needed to tow it back 110 miles where the car was originally picked up. Think they would've said this when he originally came. Also wanted to charged me agian to take it back to Phx and tow it back down to Tucson on Monday.

VW Jetta Wolfsberg
By azaero

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

One of the least reliable cars I have ever owned. The interior is cheap plastic that constantly breaks and the dealerships will not replace it. The glove compartment latch has broken 3 times in 60,000 miles and the center arm rest is broken from normal wear. The engine reliability is very poor. The struts have failed twice, the oil leaks constantly, the brake lines leak, the computer constantly says to"check engine," it requires at least 91 octane or it gums-up, the vacuum hose plastic parts fail and leak. I've put thousands into this car. Never again will I own a VW.

Favorite Features

The car has good acceleration when it is running and I get good mileage, about 28 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign. Start with the cheap interior plastic and work out from there.

Love It!
By VW Jetta TDI Loyal E

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is our 5th TDI. We started out with a 1983 Jetta Turbo Diesel - sold it with 210,000 miles and it's still on the road. We had it for 15 yrs. Next was a 1986 Turbo Diesel; sold with 270,000 miles;had it for 15 yrs and it's still on the road. Then we had a 1998 TDI, sold with 170,000 miles - still around. We now have a 2006 and a 2009 TDI and love them both. All cars were purchased brand new.

Favorite Features

Love the quick pickup when coming onto a highway. The brakes are magnificent. We think the looks are the best ever.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the gas mileage on the 2009 (approx 40 mpg could compare to the 2006 (approx 45 mpg.)

Great car!
By Joe

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The most bang for your buck of any car on the market. I have the 2008 Wolfsburg, 2.0T and I'm getting an AVERAGE of 29.5 MPG over the least 10 - 15 tanks. I've never had one under 27 and my last tank was 31. I also think it has a perfectly tuned transmission - I never feel like I need to be in manual mode. Bottom line: great car.