2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Hole on Side of Drivers Seat
By maolra on 12/24/11 23:50 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have enjoyed te car basically. Had front suspesion problemsit was a problem apprantly all 2009 Wolfsburg Jetta had . Service Dept was great rent a car free no problem. But I noticed a hole or abrasion at fist starting on drivers side @10k seat where seat belt comes around. Very noticable when car door is opened now. Now further stiching is is coming apart. Frame of seat pushing against side of drivers seat has created a hole the size of a mans thumb. V>W> is huh ?Calling V.W. North America as it has loded te value of car. I change my own plugs/coil and oil. Also spent the 100 bucks to get Bently manual. But I insist they replace the seat or I spend $225 for friont canvas seat covers.

2009 Jetta Wolfsburg
By brishimmel on 11/13/11 22:30 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I LOVE my Jetta. Before I started having problems with it I swore by VW and said my future cars would be VW's. Well in the past three weeks, that has changed. Once my Jetta hit 25k, everything went wrong. Check engine light always comes on, it has left me stranded two times in three weeks. Both times have been the fuel pump. The first time (3 weeks ago) the dealer said they replaced it, now I am doubting that they did. Now they are saying it is the fuel pump again. I called roadside asst which is still under my warranty and they charged me $250+ to have it towed to my dealer where I live. Again, love my Jetta but be sure you have $$ to fix it when it goes out of warranty.

VW Jetta Wolfsberg
By azaero on 07/05/11 14:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

One of the least reliable cars I have ever owned. The interior is cheap plastic that constantly breaks and the dealerships will not replace it. The glove compartment latch has broken 3 times in 60,000 miles and the center arm rest is broken from normal wear. The engine reliability is very poor. The struts have failed twice, the oil leaks constantly, the brake lines leak, the computer constantly says to"check engine," it requires at least 91 octane or it gums-up, the vacuum hose plastic parts fail and leak. I've put thousands into this car. Never again will I own a VW.

Love It!
By VW Jetta TDI Loyal E on 04/10/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is our 5th TDI. We started out with a 1983 Jetta Turbo Diesel - sold it with 210,000 miles and it's still on the road. We had it for 15 yrs. Next was a 1986 Turbo Diesel; sold with 270,000 miles;had it for 15 yrs and it's still on the road. Then we had a 1998 TDI, sold with 170,000 miles - still around. We now have a 2006 and a 2009 TDI and love them both. All cars were purchased brand new.

Great car!
By Joe on 09/16/09 10:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The most bang for your buck of any car on the market. I have the 2008 Wolfsburg, 2.0T and I'm getting an AVERAGE of 29.5 MPG over the least 10 - 15 tanks. I've never had one under 27 and my last tank was 31. I also think it has a perfectly tuned transmission - I never feel like I need to be in manual mode. Bottom line: great car.

Great car with an amazing engine!
By Jay Pichardo on 08/25/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love driving the car, I went to look at a GLI but The wolfsburg is a better bang for the buck. even with the body kit I came $4K cheaper than the GLI. car is a looker and I get lots of compliments. The Nav system is amazing also

2009 Wolfsburg
By drusin11 on 05/24/09 22:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great design with great handling. Turbo is quick with power to spare. Car has all the great options needed and a great sounding stereo. First time foreign car owner so hoping it's a good one!

Great Car, Great Value
By James on 02/04/09 18:50 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Pondered over buying this car for months. I am glad I pulled the trigger. Lots of power, sweet 6 speed. Build quality is great, better than the BMW, Audi,or Infiniti I have had in the past. Good sound system (not great). I think this is the best 21K car sold in the past 10 years. Test drove the DSG and that was pretty awesome but I had to go manual.

Great Poor Man's Beemer.......
By zelenkajl on 01/17/09 09:38 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Being single and sixty the last thing I wanted was one of the classic "family" cars even though I like the reliability of Hondas and Toyotas. Nor did I want a classic "geezer pleaser" (Avalon/Lexus). Not wanting to pay the price for a BMW I find this Wolfsburg Jetta to be an excellent compromise. The 2L turbo engine is sweet with strong response and quite decent mileage even if it does require premium. I try not to look to closely at the Consumer Reports reliability charts as all German cars appear to be lacking but I previously had an '04 Jetta GLS that never skipped a beat in 50K miles! I have no reason to think this Jetta won't be just as reliable but time will tell.

Best car
By Happy VW Owner on 09/30/08 16:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Just got mine yesterday after 4 months of research and test driving Benz, Toyota, and Honda. Best value for this price range; not to mention the loads of fun just driving such powerful car (in this class)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*