2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great Car
By poopoopeepee on 02/12/12 18:27 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a great car. My car is at 38k miles and the only problem I've had is weak break pads, but that can happen to any car. It is extremely smooth to drive. It has delayed steering, a great suspension, smooth shifting, and a VERY quiet engine. Im pretty young, and I drive manual transmission so I think that the quiet engine is a negative quality of the car, but that is a great thing for a lot of people. And the inside is amazing, I haven't had a person sit in my car and not give me a compliment. With heated seats (not leather), electric Everything, and plenty, i mean PLENTY of room in both the front and back seats, it feels like a $30k+ luxury vehicle. (only paid $14k)

A year and 20,000 miles later.
By Tom Cheesman on 04/13/10 10:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I still love driving this car. Handling and suspension are tight, no rattles or squeaks. Manual transmission is so much fun. Getting consistent 29-30 mpg with 80%/20% hwy/city. Going from San Diego to central California with four passengers, powered along @ 80 mph at times & car stayed planted and steady. Around 10k service, noticed slight tapping noise in engine. Dealer replaced valve camshaft at no cost. Total maintenance cost to this point is $0.00. Dealer provides free oil changes for life! While dropping daughter's Escape off @ Ford for service, a car shopper asked about my Jetta. I ended up doing a VW sales pitch to him in the middle of Ford dealership. VW is doing it right, so far.

Tons o' Fun!
By blubyu on 03/09/09 13:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My first real car was '77 Rabbit. Drove Japanese and American afterwards. Realized I missed my VW. I absolutely love this new Jetta! Great torque through entire power band. Love the tight German suspension engineering. Manual transmission shifts like 'buttah'. It's so much fun to throw the car into any curve, have it stay planted on the asphalt like it's on rails, give it some throttle and come rocketing out the other side. WOW!! And this is the base S model. Interior fit and finish is xlnt. I'm 6'4'' and have plenty of leg/head room, compared to most Japanese cars. There's enough bolster in the cloth seats for those curves, but still very comfortable for my daily commute to the city.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*