Used 2009 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Great Car
By poopoopeepee

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a great car. My car is at 38k miles and the only problem I've had is weak break pads, but that can happen to any car. It is extremely smooth to drive. It has delayed steering, a great suspension, smooth shifting, and a VERY quiet engine. Im pretty young, and I drive manual transmission so I think that the quiet engine is a negative quality of the car, but that is a great thing for a lot of people. And the inside is amazing, I haven't had a person sit in my car and not give me a compliment. With heated seats (not leather), electric Everything, and plenty, i mean PLENTY of room in both the front and back seats, it feels like a $30k+ luxury vehicle. (only paid $14k)

Heated seats Red & blue dashboard lights Electric controls Delayed Steering Rear & Side mirror defrosters Turn Signals on side mirrors Lots and Head Room Great safety ratings

the front bumper. The chrome looks kinda weird, but some people like it.

A year and 20,000 miles later.
By Tom Cheesman

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I still love driving this car. Handling and suspension are tight, no rattles or squeaks. Manual transmission is so much fun. Getting consistent 29-30 mpg with 80%/20% hwy/city. Going from San Diego to central California with four passengers, powered along @ 80 mph at times & car stayed planted and steady. Around 10k service, noticed slight tapping noise in engine. Dealer replaced valve camshaft at no cost. Total maintenance cost to this point is $0.00. Dealer provides free oil changes for life! While dropping daughter's Escape off @ Ford for service, a car shopper asked about my Jetta. I ended up doing a VW sales pitch to him in the middle of Ford dealership. VW is doing it right, so far.

Plenty of head, shoulder, hip/leg room for 6'4" driver. Tight suspension, smooth manual transmission, excellent power and torque, car pulls along beautifully. On empty stretch of road, I got the car up to 90 mph and car pulled along effortlessly. Good gas mileage for non-hybrid/diesel. Huge trunk.

Ability to open all the windows remotely, using the key fob. Right now, I have to turn the key in the door lock.

Tons o' Fun!
By blubyu

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My first real car was '77 Rabbit. Drove Japanese and American afterwards. Realized I missed my VW. I absolutely love this new Jetta! Great torque through entire power band. Love the tight German suspension engineering. Manual transmission shifts like 'buttah'. It's so much fun to throw the car into any curve, have it stay planted on the asphalt like it's on rails, give it some throttle and come rocketing out the other side. WOW!! And this is the base S model. Interior fit and finish is xlnt. I'm 6'4'' and have plenty of leg/head room, compared to most Japanese cars. There's enough bolster in the cloth seats for those curves, but still very comfortable for my daily commute to the city.

Manual shift. Tight suspension, fit and finish. Telescoping steering wheel. Quiet interior.

Bigger mirrors on the doors.