2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Well built car that is fun to drive also
By jet25s on 12/29/09 22:36 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have had the car for three months and it has been good to me as a daily commuter car. The engine pulls hard from the low rpm range and the manual transmission shifts very smoothly but with assurance. The suspension is dialed between comfort and handling so it is not very cushy but it has more body roll than I would like. It feels as quick as my 2500lb Miata in the straight line acceleration. I have autocrossed the Jetta and it pleasantly surprised me in its stock form with the all season tires. The rear view mirror developed a crack this morning when the heat came on when it was frozen. I am hoping it will be covered under warranty...

Time to Update
By srduncan31 on 11/29/09 10:37 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car in July 2009 and thought I loved it. Now I regret purchasing this car. Has been in the shop multiple times. Was making a noise in the front end. Said it was sway bar bushings. Replaced. Noise still existed. Dealership had no clue. Turns out, was a "secret" recall on coil springs for the first 50000 manufactured. Noise gone but steering doesn't seem the same. Constantly feels as if you are in a wind storm driving over 60. Again dealership has no clue and said is fine. Fuel economy is not the best either. I should have spent the money and gotten the transmission fixed on my Explorer. Doubtful I will keep this car much longer. No longer happy with it and only 3900 miles!

Very pleased
By Larry Reemtsen on 09/04/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

It far exceeded my expectations and I used to manage a BMW center. You know your in a German car. I drive L.A. traffic to do what I do and the freeways are a great test and will reveal a cars weaknesses and attributes. I drove the civic first and found it too under powered at 140 HP. The Jetta with 170 gets you there quick and can handle the Harbor Freeway well. Great gas mileage as well. My delivery at Pasadena VW was perfect.

Lovin It!!
By srduncan31 on 07/09/09 19:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Have only had this car about a week. Had a 97 Jetta and loved it and love the new one just as much so far. It is fun to drive even though it only has a 5cylinder engine. Standard equipment is great for the price. The rearview mirror is a pain to adjust and the side mirrors whistle above 50mph, but overall, love the new Jetta!

Jetta is a Great Buy
By Jetta S on 04/24/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I leased my Jetta because VW offered a too good to pass offer. I got an S model with roof and wheels. It is a great looking car and I get a lot of compliments on it. It is a lot of fun to drive. I have the 5 spd. and the performance is great. I am a former SCCA road racer and this car handles and drives great. The features this car has at this price point is unbelieveable. It is one of the best cars I have ever owned and there is nothing about it I don't like. Porsche obviously has fixed the problems that VW was known for, and this car is a huge value for the money. I have driven many more expensive cars, but few have more features than this VW. A great buy for the money.

My terrific jetta
By doctorbob on 04/03/09 17:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Almost 4000 miles, and absolutely nothing to complain about. Only compliments for this comfortable, well- built and equipped car. My city/hwy mileage averages 29 mpg. The five cylinder power plant provides me with great pickup and passing ability. The Jetta exceeds my expectations and I recommend it without reservation.

Fun fun fun
By gary b simon on 02/15/09 09:20 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

As a past owner of a VW dealership, I am confident when I say the car is terrific. This car is fun, fun, fun. I wanted something to enjoy and it seems the Jetta 5spd has provided that something. A tight fitting vehicle with nothing negative to report except the gas consumption could use some improvement.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*