2009 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
So far so good...
By mdbla on 09/14/11 11:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Bought this CPO Jetta 1 month ago after owning an Audi A4 for 10 years. The Jetta is a fun car to drive, handles great. Manual transmissions shifts effortlessly. The exterior styling is nice (mine is black with the chrome trim) and the interior is very nice, has a upscale feel to it. Huge trunk! I was hoping with the 5-sp manual I'd get the higher miles per gallon (75% freeway, 25% city) but I've been getting exactly as advertised - 26 mpg. Finally not crazy about the front seats, wish there was more options to adjusting the position. I prefer a more horizontal seat and these have a big angle (6 inches height difference from front to back).

The Best Kept Secret of the Auto World..
By Equalizer on 08/24/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Absolutely amazing car. I just traded a 2000 A4 for the Jetta, as the A4 was ridiculously overpriced. I was hesitant about getting the Jetta, after driving the A4 for 10 years, but one test drive, and I couldn't wait to trade the Audi in. I have had the Jetta one week, and am thrilled with it. It is fun to drive, easy to drive, comfortable, and utilitarian. I think this is the best kept secret in the auto world....

So Far So Good
By DJ on 08/06/09 00:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought my car on July 30th in Minnesota, and drove it 350 miles over the weekend, and 900 miles back to Colorado yesterday. I'm coming off of a BWM 328xi lease, so this is a step back in many ways, but BMW is too expensive right now. They wanted $30k for a buyout! For less than $19k, so far I'm feeling really good. I got Black, and I like the exterior styling. With tinted windows, it's a sharp car. I also like the tan leatherette interior - nice contrast to the Black. The quality of the cabin is excellent. Performance is pretty darn close to my 328xi from 0 to about 40, but then it lags the BMW. And I miss 6 speeds. Overall, a solid car, but will it go in the snow?

The best!
By Troy Bailey on 09/07/08 19:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just went from a 2005.5 Jetta Package 1 to a 09 Jetta SE. The engine is so much quieter and the 20 extra HP is noticeable. The fit and finish are even better which is amazing!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta in VA is:

$135 per month*