Wolfsburg in Sheep's Clothing
By Crazy 4 VW on
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
The cleverly disguised Jetta is packing the coveted 2.0T engine & DSG tranny from the VW stable. This is probably the cheapest car from VW/Audi with this fun-to-drive engine and transmission combo. For a few hundred more than a SE, this is a no-brainer choice. The 200 hp is available around 1800 rpm, so you truly get use of the power without having to floor it. I have about 1500 miles to date and have my fingers crossed that there will be no issues down the road. But, the fit and finish of this car are remarkable. The panels are solid without that Japanese tin can sound or feel. The Jetta WE is definitely a viable contender in its class.
Favorite Features
Love the leatherette seats because they do not show wear like leather. 10-speaker stereo with Sirius, airbags everywhere, electronic stability (so missing on a civic), the trademark switchblade remote/key combo, the beautiful 17" carried-over wheels from last year's GTI
Suggested Improvements
Just an inch or two more width in the seats, gosh they can wear me out during my long work commute because of the side bolsters not giving. The dreaded premium gas -- pay for performance I guess.