Wise choice?
By fwypilot on
2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
My wife and I have owned this car for about 3 weeks now. We wanted a car that is fun to drive but also gets good gas mileage. I traded my Toyota truck for this car. Some would say that was a risky move but we were looking for better economy. I think we succeeded there so far. We're averaging 25 mpg so far. This is our first VW and we like the experience so far. The VW is very well equipped for the price. We also considered the Camry, Accord, Civic and Corolla. Each have their pros and cons but none are equipped as well as the Jetta for the same price. I think the VW has the most bang for the buck.
Favorite Features
Ipod adapter that operates using stereo controls, 10 speaker stereo, handling, trunk space, comfortable seating. I'm 6 ft. 3 in tall and I fit just fine and thats with a sunroof! Five cyl. engine has a throaty euro sound that I like. We got the 6 spd auto but the 5 spd is more fun.
Suggested Improvements
The exterior design is a little plain but is starting to grow on me. Could use more storage in the center console. Ipod adapter takes up all of that space. Steering wheel adjusts well but can block the speedometer in some positions. Ipod adapter limited to playlists only. Bland wheels.