2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: So glad I waited to get the 20

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

So glad I waited to get the 2008!
By pprd on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a fantastic car. I previously owned a 2000 Passat V6 GLX, and the 08 Jetta is just as big and roomy. I really enjoy the +20 boost in horsepower (2007 was 150, 2008 is 170). It's a nice balance between performance and gas mileage. I certainly wouldn't want any less muscle, though. Road noise is minimal and the car feels solid in tight turns and quick maneuvers. I love the 4 year bumper-to-bumper warranty and road-side assistance. The exterior looks sophisticated and classy - head and shoulders above the competitors in its class.

All the bells and whistles! MP3 connector, satellite radio, leatherette interior, 6 disc cd/mp3 changer, moonroof, 10 speakers, 4 wheel disc breaks w/abs, rear seat AC vents, and the list goes on! This car is amazingly loaded for this price point!

Pedals are too close together! If my foot is on the brake, depending on how I tilt it I can also push the clutch or the accelerator at the same time. I would gladly have paid a bit more to get 17" wheels and fog lamps installed. Why is that not an option for the manual transmission trim level?