2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I love my Volkswagen.

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I love my Volkswagen.
By crystal on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year now (purchased Dec. 07) and have put almost 17,000 miles on it and I still love it as much as the day I purchased it, maybe even more. When I went in to test drive, I really had no intention of buying it, but after the test drive I was sold. I got an awesome deal on it, bought it for $19,300, which is an amazing deal for all the features that come on this car. My favorite thing about the car is definitely the interior. The car is easy to clean, it's really comfortable. Prior to owning this I had a Honda S2000 and I never would have thought I'd love having a VW as much as I do.

Interior! Red/blue gauges, red ambient lights, smooth quiet ride, heated seats, all windows auto up/down, and more. Thoughtful safety features. HUGE trunk. The car handles amazingly well for a sedan, and it's pretty fun to drive, especially considering my last car was an S2000.

Gas mileage is none too spectacular (usually get 24 MPG, combo city/hwy.) Annoying rattle from middle AC vent. VW dealership is incompetent. I really wish it had steering wheel controls, and HID headlights. But overall, I really have nothing to complain about.