third times a charm??
By 5peedornospeed on
2008 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
my mom has had Jettas as her past two cars (a 1997 with 170,000 and a 2002 currantly with 100000 on it) both cars have never given any problems out of the normal range of expected maintanence so i decided on the 2008 jetta s as my next car. so far im very impressed, i got it with 54000 miles on it and it now has 62000. i have only owned the car a month. the first week i had it i took it from RI, to NC to CO(phish) and back to RI. the car isnt old enough for me to judge reliability but so far everything seems solid and the car seems very well built. i will update this review once i have put some real milage on the car.
Favorite Features
the stock stereo is very impressive, solid bass and very clear sound quality. the ride is smooth and the car is extremely comfortable to sit in. the transmition (5 speed manual) shifts smoothly and as with all VW's is very solid. for the cars size and power it gets great gas milage with an average of 34 highway and about 24-27 with city/highway combined. the car is responsive, has great handeling, and excellant pickup. it also has a massive tunk space.
Suggested Improvements
the first day i had the car the rear passengers side door lock actuator stopped working. since the cars systems are all electronic this was a major problem. thankfully the dealership fixed this problem for me free of charge. my only suggestion would be to add the manual lock feature back into the car, this way even if the electronics stop working you can still lock and unlock the doors. getting the actuator replaced would have cost me almost $1000, and in the city i feel that it is important to be able to lock your car. i personaly dont have $1000 floating around to fix a door lock so it would be nice to have a fall back so i could have the time to save up for the repair if need be.