2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Not for those over 5'8''

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Not for those over 5'8''
By K on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I am so disappointed in my car. I am almost 5' 9" and can not get comfortable in my seat at all. I started having back problem within about 2 months of having car and now my knee (which only hurts getting out of my car) It sits way too low. I had a bigger vehicle before this purchase and thought I wanted something smaller and more fuel efficient. I am getting low 20's for is partly due to the way I drive, it I can take off fast I do. This is definitely not the vehicle for me. Oh and I had no idea until someone told me weeks later that I needed premium gas due to the turbo engine. So I am paying the same for gas as I was for my larger vehicle. Very disappoint I chose this vehicle. If tall avoid.

Looks nice inside and out. Has great pick up!

More comfortable seating with more adjustments available. More customer education about turbo engines and types of gas to use. If I was told I needed to pay more for gas I would not have choose this model. I wanted to save money on gas and ended up paying the same or more.