2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: More Fun than an Accord

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

S PZEV Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

More Fun than an Accord
By Mike F. on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was *this close* to buying a Honda Accord. I didn't even look at a Jetta at first because of disastrous reliability - then I found out starting in 2007 things had turned around nicely. I drove the Jetta and dropped the Accord. On the "fun" scale, it just blows the Japanese and American cars away, imo. I also test drove the Audi A4, basically the same car for a lot less money. I noticed very little difference in the pickup and handling. Surprising amount of room - about the same as the old Passat. I have 4 kids, ranging from 9 to 15 and can fit all of us quite comfortably. One annoying thing - my power window switch acts up in the cold. Besides that - I love the car. Recommended!

Fit and finish, handling and acceleration, interior layout and room (nice headroom! I've got a long torso and can fit even with the sunroof - couldn't fit in the Camry or Accord with a sunroof)

Center console restricts right leg movement too much - make it a couple of inches narrower. That's about it.