High End German Feel
By Ted on
2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I bought the 2008 Jetta SE with the charcoal exterior and dark grey interior. I really like this car. Has the look and feel of a much more expensive vehicle at an affordable price. I think the biggest criticism I've heard about the car is the exterior styling being too similar to the Toyota Corolla. I think the roofline and silhouette of the car is more sophisticated compared to the Corolla. The new tail lights for 2008 also have a new look (VW darkened the perimeter of the tail lights, giving it a more distinctive look). I think the interior is also top notch. Quality materials and lots of features you won't see on the Civic or base model, midsize cars (i.e. Camry, Accord, Altima).
Favorite Features
6 disc CD changer, heated mirrors/seats, sunroof, cool gauges, huge trunk, leather, German look and feel (car hugs the road and has great exhaust note), also a lot of similar components that are used in VW's sister brand, Audi. The tiptronic is also great. Also one touch up and down windows.
Suggested Improvements
The lid to the fuel tank is made of plastic. Why not just use steel like the rest of the car? A flimsy feature to an otherwise great car that gives you the German experience without costing an arm and a leg.