First and last VW for me!
By mallory24 on
2008 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
This car was bought for me as a first car and I absolutely loved everything about it. It's super cute, fun to dart in and out of traffic with and it had a great "giddy up" to it. Within the first year I started having mechanical issues with the car not starting. I took it to my local Firestone and got the battery, starter, alternator, and ignition checked out and I got a green light on everything. The next day I made an appointment with the VW dealership and they were just as unconcerned and rude as they could be. For almost two months I have been fighting this battle with VW for almost two months and I'm surely getting rid of this car as soon as possible.
By tigrone701
on 06/27/12 15:32 PM (PDT)

I have had the same experience from VW dealership around my area. I had a very similar experience too. The Ignition Cylinder had a problem and the keys would not enter. There is an engineering design fault with this kind of ignition lock. And VW is yet to call for a recall and still waiting..... The dealer was arrogant and rude and asked me to change the entire Ignition switch to solve the problem and told me that the parts has to come from Germany (his ancestor's house) and it will take 3 weeks to repair the Ignition switch. Just think about it....