Bad ergonomics
By Small Woman on
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)
Trying to downsize from a minivan, my husband picked out this car. I did test drive the car, but what can you tell in 15 minutes? It is totally ergonomically incorrect for my size - 5'. If I ran the world, all cars would have adjustable pedals, as they are a godsend for short drivers. The telescoping steering wheel is not enough. The gas pedal is very stiff and is causing knee pain. The seating arrangement - you have to recline - also causes me back pain, even though the seats are nice and supportive. I am not looking forward to driving this car in the snow - too much zip and no all wheel drive. All that said, my husband loves the car. He is a normal size and loves racing.
Favorite Features
Instruments are fairly intuitive and easy to use. Daytime running lights are a nice feature. Love the sun/moon roof. Power is good for getting out of situations. Huge trunk.
Suggested Improvements
Adjustable pedals that aren't hard as rocks. More standard features such as trip information, i.e., mpg. Even my minivan had that! Real leather. All power seat. What's up with the crank and pump? For the money, it is lacking in a lot of areas.