2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: A lot of car for a little pric

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

A lot of car for a little price
By miasixx on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta 2.0T is a much more grown-up feeling Jetta. I'm a diehard VW driver. My first VW was a 1987 Fox which I had for 9 years. I just traded in my '99 Passat GLX for this new Jetta and although I miss the interior size and weight of the Passat, the Jetta has come along way from feeling like your kid sister's car. Much roomier interior and cargo. Back seats have dual climate control, armrest with cup holders, and plenty of legroom for two full-size adults. Thw Wolfsburg comes with everything you'd need: 6-CD in-dash, MP3 adapter, power moonroof, sporty wheels.

Seats are much improved. Bottom of seat comes out far behind backs of legs/knees. You feel like you're shoehorned into a racing seat. Handling is TIGHT! Feels like an Audi A4. Rear windows go down with a flick of the switch (my old Passat only had that feature on the front windows).

Radio is so-so in sound quality. I will change this. I don't like all the control knobs junking up the front. Red display lights (mileage, time, temp, etc.) are garish and seem to be brighter than the rest of the lights. Low profile tires will not be practical come winter, so new wheels to come.