2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Awesome Car!!
By sherrile39 on 08/12/08 05:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was a former Jetta owner. The biggest mistake I have ever made was trading that Jetta in on a Ford Mustang GT. I have learned the biggest lesson of my life! Never again! It's unbelievable the torgue this little car has. You better hang on or she'll get away from you. I love the tiptronic transmission. So whatever mood I am in I can adjust the shifter to what I need, making it very fun to drive. The sport suspension gives it a great handling ride. It offers everything I need, from the sunroof to the 17 inch wheels. Stylish car inside and out. I love this car. VW I am so glad to be back!

Love My Jetta
By John Dugan on 08/11/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Wonderful car. Almost 2,000 miles on it with no problems at all. The car handles and performs well and still delivers relatively good fuel mileage. I have been averaging 27 mph combined city/highway. The car is a great balance of handling, performance and comfort. I find myself looking forward to just getting in the car to drive it. It is great for zipping around in the city and it is also comfortable on the highway. I think Volkswagen really did a nice job with this car.

My 1st V-Dubb
By Dennis on 08/05/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Waited 4 months for an '08 Accord coupe. Walked into the v. W. Dealer, drove the auto and made the deal for the 6 spd. Love driving the car; feels like a lot more expensive car. There should be more creature comforts on this quality of build. Just picked the car up on 7/28 so haven't really "driven" the car yet. The couple of time I've gotten on it a bit lets me know the car surely feels a lot stronger than I thought it would. By the way, my reliability rating of 5 is because I haven't had the car long enough to rate it fairly. Oh, how I wish I could "rate" the dealership too!

Quality design over other sedans
By RyanZ on 08/04/08 21:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This inline 5 cylinder out performs all other sedans I test drove. It's just a fun car to drive even though it doesn't get the greatest gas mileage. The interior layout and speaker system is another great advantage over other makes out there. This car looks more sporty that the rest of the pack as well.

Don't Buy the 2.5!
By rgtreste on 08/04/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Do NOT buy the 2.5! If you do, you are selling yourself short. I owned one for 8 months before realizing how awful the gas mileage is: 21mpg in the city/hwy. NOT COOL! I traded up for a Wolfsburg 2.0T and absolutely love it, not to mention it gets much better fuel economy. Another thing i didn't like about the 2.5 was the loud engine, especially at start-up, that sound isn't even heard in the new TDI. Another positive note: i drove this car for 12 hours to Fl. and did not feel tired and worn out when i got there. This car is way comfortable.

Glad we bought the Wolfsburg
By ndmike88 on 08/03/08 10:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Only have had the car for 3 weeks (500 miles). It's fun to drive, looks great, and is roomy inside. Looks like a car that costs $1,000's more than it does. We were going to buy an '08 Malibu LTZ but decided on the Wolfsburg instead. (More standard features and cheaper price.)

Bad ergonomics
By Small Woman on 07/31/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Trying to downsize from a minivan, my husband picked out this car. I did test drive the car, but what can you tell in 15 minutes? It is totally ergonomically incorrect for my size - 5'. If I ran the world, all cars would have adjustable pedals, as they are a godsend for short drivers. The telescoping steering wheel is not enough. The gas pedal is very stiff and is causing knee pain. The seating arrangement - you have to recline - also causes me back pain, even though the seats are nice and supportive. I am not looking forward to driving this car in the snow - too much zip and no all wheel drive. All that said, my husband loves the car. He is a normal size and loves racing.

I love it
By violet7 on 07/28/08 21:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had my Jetta a week and I'm so happy with it. Driving it is fun and it handles really well. I feel like i am driving a sports car! I love the Sirius radio and the back seat air conditioning vents. The leatherette upholstery is a very nice added elegance.

Get yourself a Wolfsburg
By ndmike88 on 07/28/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have only had our Jetta Wolfsburg 2 weeks and so far it has been a blast to drive. Interior and exterior quality are the best I have ever seen in a new vehicle. (And I have been driving over 40 years. First VW). Several people at work asked me when I bought a BMW. When I tell them it's a VW Jetta they can't believe it. Great car for a nice price.

Buy one you WON'T regret it!
By Driver Hired! on 07/26/08 14:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Well I originally wanted to purchase a two year old Audi A4. It would be in the price range I was looking for. I came across the Jetta and actually thought it was the Audi. Doing some homework on the Jetta revealed that it has one of the highest safety ratings, is a cousin of the A4 and is an overall excellent value. The Jettas prior to 2008 were more expensive and was not crazy about the wheels and tail lamps. 2008 VW changed them and lowered the price. I now own my Jetta and get compliments everywhere I go!! The car has almost every option I could need and it only cost me $20,500. every car in its class doesn't even come close to the Jetta in Value. AND it's German..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in NJ is:

$214 per month*