Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Jetta

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Ok, but watch for back brakes
By chordsnstrums

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SEL PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Jetta is a good car, but...BEWARE of the rear disc brakes/pads. They become extremely noisy! Like a big rig with squeaky brakes. I just shelled out $256 on new brakes at 14K miles. VW corp offered no assistance (2,200 miles out of warranty). Their stance is that everyone's brakes wear out at different rates. The CSR on the phone is the final say...there is no supervisor you can speak with. I've never heard of them wearing out at 14K miles. The underlying cause: Parking brake out of adjustment. Now who would have thought to check the brake cable on a brand new car? Other than that, drives fine, looks good, handles great.

Interior, tiptronic tranny, alloys, creature comforts

Fix the rear brake issue. The rear brakes start the braking process, then the front brakes kick in; this prevents nose dive stops. I will update my review when it is fixed. This issue is all over the Internet.

rear brakes go fast
By dewayne

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

great sound system

day time lights and the abs brakes

fix the rear brakes, had car only 16 months and rear brakes were done still had about 50 % on front brakes

Still lovin my Jetta
By John

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have owned my Jetta for a year now. I love driving it more every day. I have not had one problem with the car. It is great to drive around town or cross country. I have driven a lot of cars in my life and I don't believe you can get a better value for the money than a Jetta. It may not be the best at any one thing but overall It does everything well. For the price of the vehicle this is pretty hard to beat.

Interior design is superb. The car is just fun to drive. The trunk is wonderful for a car this small. Acceleration and handling are excellent. Gas mileage has been great. I have averaged 29 mpg combined city/highway.

At this point I have nothing negative to say about the car. Volkswagen put a lot of thought into all the little features that make this car great.

jettas rock
By smitty

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love my VW jetta its fun to drive handles like its on rails and runs like a cat especially when we go driving in the mountains

sun roof , 6disc , 5 setting adjustable heated seats , large trunk

the clutch is a little to tight for my wife to drive it comfortably.

Good Value
By brian_b18

2008 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Have had this car for about a year now and really like it. Jettas had a bad rep a few years ago for electrical problems but that appears to have been worked out. However I do have an annoying rattle on the dash and its a bit noisy on the freeway. It is a very fun car to drive and handles well in snow/ice even though I have low profile performance tires. TIP: if you are trying to get out of the snow then turn off ASR! It's a great safety feature when you're driving but if you need to get un-stuck then you don't want it on! I love the blue lit dash at night and the red lights that beam down from the roof. Very cool. My teenage son loves it and is now a VW fan. Car is very sharp looking.

Interior is very modern and cool. Heated seats are great in the winter (surprised how much I liked it). Handles great. Nice looking car.

More power. 2.5L 5 cylinder only has 170 horse power.