2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Dissapointed
By Marc Comire on 10/23/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

When I first drove the car I fell in love with it and immediately bought it. The very responsive engine coupled with 18" performance tires made this car fun to drive. Just two months later and the clutch has way too much transmission feel and the gas consumption is not even close to the quoted technical specifications. Unless my dealer can solve the consumption issue I am estimating that this car will cost me $400-500 more per year than I should expect based on quoted estimates. In terms of the clutch, the feel has drastically changed from when I first took delivery. My dealer is claiming that it is operating normally. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

08 Jetta Manual trans
By Tom in Las Vegas on 10/15/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

The 08 Jetta has very good, solid build quality, good power, excellent interior, and a huge trunk at this size of car. Mileage is so so, mine is right on the EPA estimate of 21-22 city, and 29 highway. Ride is smooth, and steering precise. Just enought road feed back to be useful to the driver. Driver seat should be wider, it is a little narrow in the seat, and I am not fat, just average size. Radio could be a bit stronger, and the ipod connector should be on the dash. If the Jetta just got slightly over 30 MPG, and slightly higher mileage in town it would be one of the best small to mid size cars. Plenty of interior space for 4 persons, 5 is a reach. The trunk is longer than my Camry.

first jetta
By steve on 10/11/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I drive a lot. The car does everything it should very nicely. When asked to work hard something is lacking. There is to much body roll,the peddles are a little to close together and a little more power would be nice. That said the car is a very good bang for the buck with all the standard features you could ask for. The 16 in. aluminum wheel upgrade is a must.

VW Jetta
By Helen on 10/11/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Love it love it love it. My experience has been all positive-it handles well hugs the road. Mileage is as one would expect with a 2.5 engine-glad to see they are starting to import diesels these are the way to go for fuel efficiency and the reason Europeans are getting 50+ miles to the gallon! It also feels SOLID-I feel safe in this small car. Enormous space in the trunk. My only negative comment would have to be when it rains and the window is open you get wet!

Full satisfaction
By ibdtrader on 10/05/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned my Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T with the 6Spd DGS Auto since Late July '08. I've been a continuous VW owner for 4 decades and this is hands down the best I have ever owned and driven. If I had to spec a car to all my likes, I couldn't have thought it out any better than VW delivered this one. Oh, and it stops as well as it goes - great brakes! As the car sits stock, it also looks great with the nice factory upgrades such as the wheels, low profile deck spoiler.

VW, where have you been all my life?
By PiggyBaby on 09/11/08 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought my Jetta Wolfsburg in July '08 and have put over 1,500 miles on it. I must say, this is absolutely the 'funnest' car I've ever owned - 6 in the last 10 years. Aside from the '02 BMW 330Ci, all my other purchases have been Japanese made. Looking back, I wish I'd only discovered VW's earlier. The handling and performance of my Jetta Wolfsburg reminds me very much of that BMW 330Ci I once owned, but at less than HALF the price of the Beemer. The Jetta is truly the best VALUE; I've never been so satisfied. I'm getting much more for the price I paid. This car really shines on the highways, as the power and acceleration of the turbo-charged engine is very responsive. Love this car!

Changed My Mind
By Heather on 09/05/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I first purchased this car it was just a car to get from point A to B. Now that I've had it over 4 months I absolutely LOVE this car. After learning how to drive with the S and shifters it is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Oil change ran 60 bucks at the dealer. Seems very maintenance friendly. MPG about 25 city driving. I'm not a lead foot so I think it is pretty reasonable. The only thing lacking is that I originally wanted a hatchback to haul stuff. I don't have the storage space I need, but after all it is a sedan. If you are in the market for a sedan definitely check this one out! I wasn't looking for this car it kinda found me. Overall very pleased.

My Second VW
By vw 4 life on 08/29/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am also an outside sales rep and chose the '08 Jetta Wolfsburg fully loaded which replaced my '02 Jetta GLS. What an excellent choice for someone on the go. I've racked up 6100 in 3 months and use 91 or higher I'm getting great gas mileage, I love the Sirius radio and the more mature look. I did considered the BMW but thankful I stuck with VW. We are the most loyal owners and I love eating up the traffic as I fly by with my 6-speed triptonic. It's very fun to drive if you need more from your car I suggest stepping upto the Passat. Seriously you can't beat the quality and standard features that most other luxury vehicle build into there series upgrades. Test drive one at your local VW dealer!

Best purchase.
By Jessica on 08/24/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a Gray '06 Jetta 2.5 5-spd w/Package 1 (6 CD/MP3/Sat, leatherette, heated seats, etc.) which I purchased new. I brought it to the dealer in June for some warranty stuff (w/44k miles). As I'm waiting for the verdict, I stumbled into the showroom. Of course the inevitable happened & the sales manager approached me. So, I ended up test driving a 2.5 and a 2.0T WE which I absolutely fell in love with. Got a fantastic deal, a lower APR, a fresh warranty & more. I like that Monster Mats & Gorilla Gear were included too :) Black w/Anthracite, 6spd...plus it has the features my '06 had, for less $.

Keeping my little girl safe.
By donnievalens on 08/19/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

After to doing all the research on vehicles in this segment you will find out like I did that you get the most for your money with the jetta. The car outperforms others such as the civic and corolla not to mention the options you get as standard equipment such as a moonroof and heated seats in the SE model that I have.But what really got me was how well put together this car really is.Its super solid,there's no real body roll when banking into turns.The clutch is light as a feather so I know my 115 pound little girl wont have trouble with fatigue in those days in traffic not to mention the smooth seamless shifting the manual transmission gives you.And after she saw it's styling she wanted it

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.