Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

tires
By ronald

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my forth jetta, they have improved a lot since then, I seem to gravitate back every time I am ready to buy a new car, which I suppose says it all.

everything is to hand even you are driving

The one thing that I do find fault with is the tires, I have changed tires on every jetta that I have owned

AWESOME CAR!!!
By Jettalover

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I once read this car was built for girls... Let me tell you: they were right! It's so easy to drive, but it has muscles! Lovin my jetta! And guys don't be offended, even if it was meant to be for girls.. I'll let you drive it! I promise you won't look girly in it. Gas mileage is not bad at all, I trade this one in for an American car that was supposed to be 30 mpg... Big lie! At least this one gives me what they say and it's super reliable, perfect car for winter even in the 12" of snow optional snow tires required.

Smooth ride, cruise control, luxury feel, sound system

maybe radio control in the steering wheel

Loving it so far!
By KayTee

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my 2008 Wolfsburg during a 0% financing promotion. Out the door I paid $23,770. I have been so happy with the Jetta so far. My only complaint is the cost of oil changes! $75 for my first and $80 something for my second. Are you kidding me? Then I was told I might lose my warranty if I take it to a discount place or had a family member do it for me. The Turbo is fun to drive and the car is small and zippy.

Leathertte seats, blue and red interior lights, heated seats, sunroof, tons of trunk room, turn signals on the side mirrors, and I love the stereo system! It is so loud I have yet have it turned all the way up! The Turbo is a lovely touch as well. ;)

I am personally not a fan of Daytime Running Lights. I wish there was a compass and steering wheel radio controls. I also wish there was the chrome molding around the windows like regular Jettas. Also, the passenger side blindspot is pretty bad.

Ok, but watch for back brakes
By chordsnstrums

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Jetta is a good car, but...BEWARE of the rear disc brakes/pads. They become extremely noisy! Like a big rig with squeaky brakes. I just shelled out $256 on new brakes at 14K miles. VW corp offered no assistance (2,200 miles out of warranty). Their stance is that everyone's brakes wear out at different rates. The CSR on the phone is the final say...there is no supervisor you can speak with. I've never heard of them wearing out at 14K miles. The underlying cause: Parking brake out of adjustment. Now who would have thought to check the brake cable on a brand new car? Other than that, drives fine, looks good, handles great.

Interior, tiptronic tranny, alloys, creature comforts

Fix the rear brake issue. The rear brakes start the braking process, then the front brakes kick in; this prevents nose dive stops. I will update my review when it is fixed. This issue is all over the Internet.

rear brakes go fast
By dewayne

great sound system

day time lights and the abs brakes

fix the rear brakes, had car only 16 months and rear brakes were done still had about 50 % on front brakes