Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Worst Car I've ever owned
By Ashley2008

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This has to be the worst car I've ever owned, it makes my 1999 Dodge Neon look good. I now have 14k on this car, at 4k I started having problems with the DSG Transmission banging into gears and slipping. After several repair attempts including replace a $3k Mechatronics unit, the car is back in the shop! This time been there 4 days and they don't know whats wrong with it but it still keep banging into gears progressively getting worse. Trim pieces in the interior randomly fall off and heater mirror cracked.

Sunroof dial, that you can change the openings.

Fuel economy is bad, transmission is awful, seats are uncomfortable on long road trips, and car interior falls apart from bumps in the road.

BEST CAR I"VE DRIVEN IN MY LIFE
By Wolf12

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The car's interior design is one of the best when it comes to a sedan of its class. The vehicle is very well detailed, the mileage per gallon is rock solid 25 in city and 30 in highway. Comfort on top of comfort, beautiful leather seats, and all except for the driver seat fold down to give an spacious way to carry your personal stuff. The most beautiful in handling and the acceleration is awesome when in an emergency.

the leather seats, the heated seats, the ice freezing ac. the space it provides, the output of the radio, the comfort, trunk capacity, handling, most of all the power and speed it delivers, the brakes and everything that comes with it

the suggested improvements is for the dealer they need to stop charging so much for service is ridiculous.

tires
By ronald

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my forth jetta, they have improved a lot since then, I seem to gravitate back every time I am ready to buy a new car, which I suppose says it all.

everything is to hand even you are driving

The one thing that I do find fault with is the tires, I have changed tires on every jetta that I have owned

AWESOME CAR!!!
By Jettalover

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I once read this car was built for girls... Let me tell you: they were right! It's so easy to drive, but it has muscles! Lovin my jetta! And guys don't be offended, even if it was meant to be for girls.. I'll let you drive it! I promise you won't look girly in it. Gas mileage is not bad at all, I trade this one in for an American car that was supposed to be 30 mpg... Big lie! At least this one gives me what they say and it's super reliable, perfect car for winter even in the 12" of snow optional snow tires required.

Smooth ride, cruise control, luxury feel, sound system

maybe radio control in the steering wheel

Loving it so far!
By KayTee

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my 2008 Wolfsburg during a 0% financing promotion. Out the door I paid $23,770. I have been so happy with the Jetta so far. My only complaint is the cost of oil changes! $75 for my first and $80 something for my second. Are you kidding me? Then I was told I might lose my warranty if I take it to a discount place or had a family member do it for me. The Turbo is fun to drive and the car is small and zippy.

Leathertte seats, blue and red interior lights, heated seats, sunroof, tons of trunk room, turn signals on the side mirrors, and I love the stereo system! It is so loud I have yet have it turned all the way up! The Turbo is a lovely touch as well. ;)

I am personally not a fan of Daytime Running Lights. I wish there was a compass and steering wheel radio controls. I also wish there was the chrome molding around the windows like regular Jettas. Also, the passenger side blindspot is pretty bad.