2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
tires
By ronald on 09/04/09 12:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my forth jetta, they have improved a lot since then, I seem to gravitate back every time I am ready to buy a new car, which I suppose says it all.

AWESOME CAR!!!
By Jettalover on 08/25/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I once read this car was built for girls... Let me tell you: they were right! It's so easy to drive, but it has muscles! Lovin my jetta! And guys don't be offended, even if it was meant to be for girls.. I'll let you drive it! I promise you won't look girly in it. Gas mileage is not bad at all, I trade this one in for an American car that was supposed to be 30 mpg... Big lie! At least this one gives me what they say and it's super reliable, perfect car for winter even in the 12" of snow optional snow tires required.

Loving it so far!
By KayTee on 07/24/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought my 2008 Wolfsburg during a 0% financing promotion. Out the door I paid $23,770. I have been so happy with the Jetta so far. My only complaint is the cost of oil changes! $75 for my first and $80 something for my second. Are you kidding me? Then I was told I might lose my warranty if I take it to a discount place or had a family member do it for me. The Turbo is fun to drive and the car is small and zippy.

Ok, but watch for back brakes
By chordsnstrums on 06/19/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SEL PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Jetta is a good car, but...BEWARE of the rear disc brakes/pads. They become extremely noisy! Like a big rig with squeaky brakes. I just shelled out $256 on new brakes at 14K miles. VW corp offered no assistance (2,200 miles out of warranty). Their stance is that everyone's brakes wear out at different rates. The CSR on the phone is the final say...there is no supervisor you can speak with. I've never heard of them wearing out at 14K miles. The underlying cause: Parking brake out of adjustment. Now who would have thought to check the brake cable on a brand new car? Other than that, drives fine, looks good, handles great.

rear brakes go fast
By dewayne on 06/18/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

great sound system

Still lovin my Jetta
By John on 06/18/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have owned my Jetta for a year now. I love driving it more every day. I have not had one problem with the car. It is great to drive around town or cross country. I have driven a lot of cars in my life and I don't believe you can get a better value for the money than a Jetta. It may not be the best at any one thing but overall It does everything well. For the price of the vehicle this is pretty hard to beat.

jettas rock
By smitty on 04/17/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love my VW jetta its fun to drive handles like its on rails and runs like a cat especially when we go driving in the mountains

Good Value
By brian_b18 on 03/23/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Have had this car for about a year now and really like it. Jettas had a bad rep a few years ago for electrical problems but that appears to have been worked out. However I do have an annoying rattle on the dash and its a bit noisy on the freeway. It is a very fun car to drive and handles well in snow/ice even though I have low profile performance tires. TIP: if you are trying to get out of the snow then turn off ASR! It's a great safety feature when you're driving but if you need to get un-stuck then you don't want it on! I love the blue lit dash at night and the red lights that beam down from the roof. Very cool. My teenage son loves it and is now a VW fan. Car is very sharp looking.

I am wow'd
By Mattwitz1 on 03/18/09 22:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

A "career move" put me in the market for a commuter car. My 02 SS Camaro is not fuel efficient (Dont worry, I still have it) I had come to terms with purchasing a New Honda Fit. The deal did not go smooth, so I started to look at other options. I stumbled across an 08 Wolfsburg w 5k, priced at $16.5k on the internet. The next morning, I headed to the dealership and fell in love with it after the first drive. Loved all of the Wolfsburg add ons, especially the 2.0 Turbo! I never thought I would love driving a Jetta, but I do! I find it more fun to drive than my Camaro. To add to that, I have been averaging 30 MPG hwy as well. My only issue is an annoying rattle from the dash moulding.

Very Happy with 2008 Jetta
By Bill Johnson on 03/12/09 04:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife wanted a BMW. This car is as close as u could come without the price. Jetta is tight, quiet and quick. the 170 hp 5 cylinder is quiet, fast and fun but i can get 37 mpg on highway. Wife and I are very different is likes and dislikes. This car came as a GREAT compromise for us. It fits any occasion we have come across so far. I am very happy so far 12,000 and no hint of any problem to take it back to the dealer.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta in NJ is:

$214 per month*