2008 Jetta Wolfsberg Edition
By ilchqb11 on
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I bought my Jetta brand new at 0 miles and just yesterday I passed 100,000 miles and I have to say this is by far the best car I have ever owned; however, some people don't realize that owning and maintaining a VW takes a little bit of work. In order to make sure your vehicle lasts a long time it is vital that you stay up-to-date with recommended maintenance and NEVER get work done at a location other then a licensed Volkswagen dealership. If you follow those 2 simple rules you will be more than happy. I've heard horror stories about people buying a Jetta and having terrible experiences with it; yet they never really took the effort to take care of it or take it in for routine maintenance.
Favorite Features
My favorite features about the 2.0T FSI engine is the amount of aftermarket work you can put into it that makes it run even smoother and longer including ECU upgrades, exhaust system upgrades (that will NEVER rust), brakes, etc. Personally I would recommend using APR products because of the fact it doesn't compromise daily drivability. The interior is also fabulously built with quality materials; not like the fake noisy plastic you find on most imports.
Suggested Improvements
If there is one complaint about the car that I have to give it would be the suspension. The stock suspension makes you feel every bump/crack on the road which in turn creates a very bumpy ride. I was fooled at first because of my older car but after about 60,000 miles my back began to feel the difference; and now at 100,000 miles I'm beginning to look at new suspension kits to see if I can create a smoother ride. The upside to this though is once I replace it it will last forever. Take care of your Jetta and it WILL take care of you.