2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: 2.0T is a great, great package

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Wolfsburg Edition Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

2.0T is a great, great package!
By Ben on

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was actually looking at a Rabbit with the (Canada-only) Sport package, which ended up being more expensive than my Jetta 2.0T. (I would have considered the 2.5, which was considerably cheaper, but they only had it in beige.) My mother drives an 08 Eos with the 2.0T/6-speed manual combination, and that combination was undeniably the most fun I had ever had driving. The 2.0T/6-speed manual is wonderful in the Jetta as well; combined with 17" wheels, black bumper trim, huge trunk. Loving it. Traded in my Mazda3 Sport - which I loved - for this Jetta and have not missed my Mazda for a second. Class-leading power, comfort, interior materials, fun-to-drive quotient.

Huge trunk, turbo, 6-speed manual transmission, quality of interior materials, GREAT fuel economy when driven slowly, classy looks, amazing sound system, standard 17" wheels, heated seats.

Standard xenon headlights on 2.0T model, lighter steering, better grip on standard tires, less noisy heating system, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights.