2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews 17

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Jetta S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
So glad I waited to get the 2008!
By pprd on 09/04/07 09:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a fantastic car. I previously owned a 2000 Passat V6 GLX, and the 08 Jetta is just as big and roomy. I really enjoy the +20 boost in horsepower (2007 was 150, 2008 is 170). It's a nice balance between performance and gas mileage. I certainly wouldn't want any less muscle, though. Road noise is minimal and the car feels solid in tight turns and quick maneuvers. I love the 4 year bumper-to-bumper warranty and road-side assistance. The exterior looks sophisticated and classy - head and shoulders above the competitors in its class.

First Day of Driving
By Tony Maclin on 08/05/07 20:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just got the 2008 2.5 170 hp (up from 150) Jetta SE (mid-line) w/ tip. Charcoal with dark "leatherette" with optional sound system package. This is my second VW. I drove the 2007 2.5 manual, and this has substantially better performance. I did not drive the 2007 tip, but I think this runs as well as my old 2000 Passat V6/tip. I looked at the Mistu Lancer, Ford Fusion, and Hyundai Sonata. For my money, this is by far the better buy. The packaging has been changed up, and you get more as standard for the money compared to 2007. Definitely more than "A to B" tranportation. Very classy interior. Can't tell the gas mileage yet, but I will update as I know more.