Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Buy one you WON'T regret it!
By Driver Hired!

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Well I originally wanted to purchase a two year old Audi A4. It would be in the price range I was looking for. I came across the Jetta and actually thought it was the Audi. Doing some homework on the Jetta revealed that it has one of the highest safety ratings, is a cousin of the A4 and is an overall excellent value. The Jettas prior to 2008 were more expensive and was not crazy about the wheels and tail lamps. 2008 VW changed them and lowered the price. I now own my Jetta and get compliments everywhere I go!! The car has almost every option I could need and it only cost me $20,500. every car in its class doesn't even come close to the Jetta in Value. AND it's German..

Sirius radio, heated seats, heated mirrors, 5 cyl engine, the blue and red lights on the dash, the trunk is HUGE, looks like a much more expensive car, materials are top notch.

radio controls on the wheel (on the SE) , a place to put your gas cap when fueling (just hangs right now) its the only car I have EVER owned that didn't have a holder, RATTLES that I keep hearing and of course when I take it in to the dealer they mysteriously disappear.

Very Pleased
By CC

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

My first VW, the 2.0T Wolfsburg is comfortable and well crafted, I feel like I'm driving something costing $10k more. A very solid car, the suspension and steering are excellent. The engine delivers a satisfying rush of acceleration when you want it. DSG transmission's Sport mode changes the car from a sedate cruiser to a growling animal - lots of smiles. Trunk is huge, with fold down seats can carry lots of cargo. So far 9K miles, no troubles. Very happy all around.

Ride, DSG. The many thoughtful standard features. Upscale interior. Comfortable seats, leatherette material feels nice and seems durable. Great performance with decent fuel economy (28 MPG in mostly highway driving). Beautiful wheels.

Offer more colors. Improve/Maintain Reliability. Seat controls could be better. More stereo upgrade options/accessories: Amp, Sub, USB, Bluetooth, HD Radio, Nav.. Move cruise controls to a pod on steering wheel. Improve MPG (perhaps an Eco mode as a counterpart to Sport mode)?

Great Car - Questionable Quality
By WolfsburgBuyer

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This car drives great, interior design is outstanding. Loved it until I discovered that the A/C was draining into the cabin floor. 3rd trip to the dealer might get it fixed. Had a couple of other fit/finish issues with the build quality.

Wheels, Sat.Radio, Interior design

Cruise control should be on steering wheel standard. Would prefer real leather over "leatherette".

Very pleased Jetta Owner
By JVCINLV

2008 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Well I bought this car a few months ago and so far I am very pleased with it. It is the first car I have owned in a long time that I can actually say is fun to drive.

I think this car is great looking. The interior is way better than most especially at this price range.

Transmission could be smoother. Air conditioning vents could be slightly more adjustable

V Dub 4 Life
By V Dub 4 Life

2008 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

WOW!! This is my 5th jetta and I love it. I have owned a 97 trek, 98 wolfsburg, 03 gls sedan, 03 gls wagon. When I leased this car i went out and looked at other brands and ended up with another VW. That commercial said it all, "VW, it gets into you," totally true. Everyone that I know likes this car and compliments me all the time. True the brand does have a few minor quality issues, but have you seen some of the other car brands out there? I would much rather be riding in a VW, a car that is FULL of safety and security features. Why do you think it VW is Europe's #1 selling brand? It is the peoples car. Before you buy a new car, test drive a VW and you will know what I am saying. VW

Tons of safety features, 6 disc cd, heated lumbar seats, new rim design, new darker taillights, folding front passenger seat, blue & red interior lights, the switchblade key, one touch turn signals, super quick car when in Sport mode! If you want a car with safety, value, and performance, buy a VW!

Install two grocery bag holders in the trunk instead of one. I really do not have any complaints or major improvements.

• SUV