Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Glad we bought the Wolfsburg
By ndmike88

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Only have had the car for 3 weeks (500 miles). It's fun to drive, looks great, and is roomy inside. Looks like a car that costs $1,000's more than it does. We were going to buy an '08 Malibu LTZ but decided on the Wolfsburg instead. (More standard features and cheaper price.)

Favorite Features

Turbo, XM radio, sunroof

Suggested Improvements

fog lights, rear window wiper, auto- adjusting front seats.

Bad ergonomics
By Small Woman

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Trying to downsize from a minivan, my husband picked out this car. I did test drive the car, but what can you tell in 15 minutes? It is totally ergonomically incorrect for my size - 5'. If I ran the world, all cars would have adjustable pedals, as they are a godsend for short drivers. The telescoping steering wheel is not enough. The gas pedal is very stiff and is causing knee pain. The seating arrangement - you have to recline - also causes me back pain, even though the seats are nice and supportive. I am not looking forward to driving this car in the snow - too much zip and no all wheel drive. All that said, my husband loves the car. He is a normal size and loves racing.

Favorite Features

Instruments are fairly intuitive and easy to use. Daytime running lights are a nice feature. Love the sun/moon roof. Power is good for getting out of situations. Huge trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable pedals that aren't hard as rocks. More standard features such as trip information, i.e., mpg. Even my minivan had that! Real leather. All power seat. What's up with the crank and pump? For the money, it is lacking in a lot of areas.

I love it
By violet7

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've had my Jetta a week and I'm so happy with it. Driving it is fun and it handles really well. I feel like i am driving a sports car! I love the Sirius radio and the back seat air conditioning vents. The leatherette upholstery is a very nice added elegance.

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, back seat vents, roomy interior, large trunk. 6 cd stereo system. side curtain airbags, heated front seats.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning controls, gas mileage could be better.

Get yourself a Wolfsburg
By ndmike88

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Have only had our Jetta Wolfsburg 2 weeks and so far it has been a blast to drive. Interior and exterior quality are the best I have ever seen in a new vehicle. (And I have been driving over 40 years. First VW). Several people at work asked me when I bought a BMW. When I tell them it's a VW Jetta they can't believe it. Great car for a nice price.

Favorite Features

2.0 turbo, great looking body style, sun roof, and safety air bags. Roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Auto on head lights, auto-dimming rear view mirror.

Buy one you WON'T regret it!
By Driver Hired!

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Well I originally wanted to purchase a two year old Audi A4. It would be in the price range I was looking for. I came across the Jetta and actually thought it was the Audi. Doing some homework on the Jetta revealed that it has one of the highest safety ratings, is a cousin of the A4 and is an overall excellent value. The Jettas prior to 2008 were more expensive and was not crazy about the wheels and tail lamps. 2008 VW changed them and lowered the price. I now own my Jetta and get compliments everywhere I go!! The car has almost every option I could need and it only cost me $20,500. every car in its class doesn't even come close to the Jetta in Value. AND it's German..

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, heated seats, heated mirrors, 5 cyl engine, the blue and red lights on the dash, the trunk is HUGE, looks like a much more expensive car, materials are top notch.

Suggested Improvements

radio controls on the wheel (on the SE) , a place to put your gas cap when fueling (just hangs right now) its the only car I have EVER owned that didn't have a holder, RATTLES that I keep hearing and of course when I take it in to the dealer they mysteriously disappear.