2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Mileage problems
By tigrone on 11/30/07 12:09 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Definitely an improved car from what they were in the past years. I am enjoying the rides.

The Jetta SE Delivers
By Jettagirl on 11/23/07 17:45 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This little beauty is fun to drive, attractive and stylish interior, the car handles turns and corners well. Slightly sluggish on acceleration at times but overall is a great value! I feel very safe with this vehicle. Fuel economy is about average. I think it will improve as the car gets older because that usually happens once you break a car in. I have the leather interior and I love it! I've usually gotten cloth interiors but I love the fact I can just wipe it clean! I'm so excited about the iPod port feature! I love my sun/moon roof and I'm enjoying this car.

Fantastic car and very nice lease!
By Salesguy07 on 11/15/07 09:38 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is an overall very nice vehicle. The black on black is a sleak color choice and the standard cloth seats are wonderful. The heated seats are nice as well, and I rarely have mine turned off. nice standard features as well including the heated side mirrors! However I got the base model, and to my surprise...no floor mats??!! Yes, if you get the S model be prepared to accept delivery without floor mats. You'll have to order them seperatly which will run you about $120 for the cloth, 70 for the heavy duty rubber mats. I got the 5 speed manual and it is fun to drive. The standard stereo system sounds good for what it is and overall I'm happy with my lease!

Audi lite
By former audi owner on 11/12/07 19:38 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Coming off of an '06 A4 lease and wanted another small German car. Loved the A4 but it was too expensive. Decided on the SEL knowing that it didn't have the same power or amenities. I've only had the car for 2 weeks and I've driven mostly in heavy traffic. My initial impression is that the SEL has a solid feel and is responsive. Low end torque is a little sluggish though. Interior is nice and clean. I'm not getting great gas mileage but I'm hoping that's due to the initial break-in period. All in all, a very impressive car for the price.

A Luxury at an Economy Price
By LindaG on 11/06/07 15:59 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I got the black, and feel like I'm in a luxury car. VW gives you lots of bang for the buck. I have an '04 Jetta, and all my research I did, I couldn't find anything better then another Jetta. The performance is second to none. You cannot go wrong with a Jetta. While I was shopping, we talked to one dealer who was looking for the same exact car that I got for an executive for a local large corporation. Does that tell you something or what. You will not go wrong with the 2008 VW Jetta.

Brand new Volkswagen Jetta SE Automatic
By petnurse on 11/05/07 05:16 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Reluctantly I had to trade in my Saturn VUE. I test drove several different sedans that would fit my narrow garage driveway opening. I needed a vehicle with moveable mirrors just in case. I was also looking for safety features and the Jetta had great crash test ratings for front and side. I loved the Jetta SE and it suited me. For the first time in awhile I actually felt the car hugged the road and I felt safe making corners and on freeway curves. It handles beautifully and the interior is so comfortable. This is the second Volkswagen I've owned and again I'm impressed. The sales experience this time was one of the best I've encountered.

Get the 2008
By Get the 2008 on 09/26/07 16:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car! Test drove many many cars before ending up with a Jetta. The 170hp is awesome for this class of car. I enjoy all the standard safety and upscale options at such a low starting price.

Can't find a better car
By jetta lover on 09/22/07 22:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My first day with my first v-dub, it is easily the best car (for the price) that I think I've ever driven. The balance of power and fuel economy is perfect and the styling of the car is gorgeous inside and out. I got the 5 spd SE with leather, cold weather pkg and the premium sound system. Can't say much about the reliability because it's only been 1 day. If you're looking for an affordable car that performs across all categories you can stop looking, the 2008 Jetta is it.

2008 VW Jetta SE 5speedM
By jnine569 on 09/21/07 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Jetta, previously driving a '00 Jetta GL 5speed. I'm very impressed with the extras that come standard with the '08. I put 193,393 on my '00 and I'm thinking I might do the same with this one. It's a great car to drive! Gas mileage is a bit less than my '00 since its a 2.5 and I had been driving a 2.0. I think the experience of driving this car will be worth the few extra dollars I'll spend in gas. I highly recommend taking the VW experience and going for a Jetta. The '08s have so much more room that even my 6'7" son fits comfortably.

Wow!!
By MannyT on 09/16/07 14:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just purchased a VW 2008 Jetta S automatic. From the moment I test drove it I was sold. I test drove every other compact sedan just to make sure but the Jetta is head and shoulders above the competition. Not to mention that you get sooo much for your money. Many standard features on the VW are options on the other vehicles. This is a classy car with great performance and comfort. The boost in horsepower in the 2008 models is definitely nice to have. The trunk is huge! Great interior design and layout. I can go on and on. IF you haven't test driven one yet... it's a must!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.