2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
1st VW
By Mike on 01/28/08 16:25 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Well, this is my first VW and if it is reliable, it will not be my last. I picked out the Black w/black interior for my wife and to hand down to my daughter in a couple of years, but I have to admit, I look for reasons to drive the car. It handles great and gives good road feedback. Updated 2.5 engine has plenty of power for my taste.

2008 Jetta A in a whole other class
By quickrnu on 01/20/08 22:41 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchase a 2008 VW Jetta SE with the tiptronic transmission, sport styling package and 17 inch aptiva wheels. This car has exceeded my expectations again and again. I have owned numerous European cars and have to say this car feels and drives like my Audis and Volvos, maybe even better. VW has really thought out every little detail. The sport styling package with the 17 inch wheels really makes it stand out in the crowd. The build quality puts any car in it's class to shame. A joy to drive!

2008 Jetta SE
By Mike on 01/15/08 18:44 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Only had car a couple of weeks, but I really like it. Everything seems to be well put together. Car handles great for a sedan. Trunk is super huge and interior has quite a bit of room for a compact car. Through first 3 tanks of fuel, I have averaged 31 MPG. Engine has more than enough power for my driving style. All controls seem to be laid out very well.

Impressed
By fan4neil on 01/04/08 09:49 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first German car I have owned and I have only had it for a few days. I have owned about 30 vehicles and can say that I am really excited about this one. What is cool about the Jetta is that there are little touches that make you develop an emotional attachment to the car. I love the night time illumination. Had not seen that when I bought the car so the first time.....cool! I really like the handling and the seat heaters are great. It feels like a luxury car. I got a special edition that is metallic grey with the spoiler and very nice grey rims on low profile tires. It is a looked and I love seeing it everytime I need to go somewhere. The stereo is excellent and the 5spd is fun!

I'm convinced!
By sara.sparks on 12/31/07 07:50 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have always been into VWs, but I always heard horror stories about "lemons"... how they were always in the shop etc. Well, after driving and checking out the benefits of EVERY car in its class, the Jetta won me over! I have had this car a month and I LOVE IT! I love the way it looks, I love the way it drives. I went from a Toyota Tundra, so the gas milage to me is AWESOME! It's a totally sporty little sedan with all the perks of a 30k car for 20k! Not to mention I can fold the back seat down and my 70 pound greyhound can lie down! I LOVE IT!

Love my car!!!
By kimberstew on 12/27/07 14:56 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My first car was a Jetta. I've had several other cars since then and was recently in the market for a new car. I couldn't deny the quality of the VW cars and saw it in the comparisons among other makes. Once a VW owner, always a VW owner.

V-dub 2008 - best bang for your buck
By climbonboard on 12/26/07 09:30 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is the best "bang for your buck" for the money. Beautiful design inside and out. The safest compact car in the U.S.; disadvantage is weight -at 3200 lbs, as heavy as a Toyota Camry. Newly re-designed engine has plenty of passing power on the highway. Engine note is quiet at steady speed and rich sounding under acceleration. Car grips the road better than any car I've driven in my life (hint: order the OEM Continental Contipro Contact tires on your car). Stereo - good sound - quite decent for factory stereo; has RDS (station and song info) and volume leveling (increases volume at speed). Excellent residual value allows for cheap leases.

New: Impressions by a Civc and Jetta Own
By Boyd82 on 12/25/07 21:22 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

After a few days with my Jetta, I'm amazed at the detail of the interior and exterior compared to my Civic. Too early to really gauge the fuel economy, but the performance of the car in handling, power, and braking is superb. Besides all that: it is super comfortabl to drive and the stick shift is easy and smooth. I'm looking forward to many years with it.

Love my Jetta
By jeff on 12/15/07 14:14 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My Jetta is the most fun car I have ever driven. I recommend it to all my friends and family. It has a nice happy medium between performance and safety and it also gets really good gas mileage.

Great car for the money
By Sam Houston on 12/01/07 07:41 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Amazing what you get for the money paid. The car is fun to drive and interior is solidly built. Exterior is a little bit unimpressive, but with some aftermarket parts and accessories, it wil look fantastic.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.