Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Keeping my little girl safe.
By donnievalens

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

After to doing all the research on vehicles in this segment you will find out like I did that you get the most for your money with the jetta. The car outperforms others such as the civic and corolla not to mention the options you get as standard equipment such as a moonroof and heated seats in the SE model that I have.But what really got me was how well put together this car really is.Its super solid,there's no real body roll when banking into turns.The clutch is light as a feather so I know my 115 pound little girl wont have trouble with fatigue in those days in traffic not to mention the smooth seamless shifting the manual transmission gives you.And after she saw it's styling she wanted it

Safety, Saftey, Safety.6 airbags standard,electronic stability program standard.Those are only a couple of reasons why it's been a top pick with the insurance institute for highway safety.The five cylinder engine has a perfect complement of power and fuel economy.And its low cost of ownership.Great job

The company should advertise this car more. I see a lot of them on the road but like Said before after doing some research I can't see why everyone looking for a compact sedan isn't driving a Jetta!

Awesome Car!!
By sherrile39

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was a former Jetta owner. The biggest mistake I have ever made was trading that Jetta in on a Ford Mustang GT. I have learned the biggest lesson of my life! Never again! It's unbelievable the torgue this little car has. You better hang on or she'll get away from you. I love the tiptronic transmission. So whatever mood I am in I can adjust the shifter to what I need, making it very fun to drive. The sport suspension gives it a great handling ride. It offers everything I need, from the sunroof to the 17 inch wheels. Stylish car inside and out. I love this car. VW I am so glad to be back!

The turbo. The tipronic transmission, the great handling. a lot of car for the money. Heated leather seats. Sunroof. 17 inch wheels, huge trunk.

NONE. I love it!

Love My Jetta
By John Dugan

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Wonderful car. Almost 2,000 miles on it with no problems at all. The car handles and performs well and still delivers relatively good fuel mileage. I have been averaging 27 mph combined city/highway. The car is a great balance of handling, performance and comfort. I find myself looking forward to just getting in the car to drive it. It is great for zipping around in the city and it is also comfortable on the highway. I think Volkswagen really did a nice job with this car.

The sunroof is great. It is like owning a convertible.

None.

My 1st V-Dubb
By Dennis

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Waited 4 months for an '08 Accord coupe. Walked into the v. W. Dealer, drove the auto and made the deal for the 6 spd. Love driving the car; feels like a lot more expensive car. There should be more creature comforts on this quality of build. Just picked the car up on 7/28 so haven't really "driven" the car yet. The couple of time I've gotten on it a bit lets me know the car surely feels a lot stronger than I thought it would. By the way, my reliability rating of 5 is because I haven't had the car long enough to rate it fairly. Oh, how I wish I could "rate" the dealership too!

The entire package; tho the design is truly frumpy. The rear "wing" helps the design a bit.

Auto headlights, electric buckets,built in garage door opener and splash guards should be original equipment. Dump the ridiculous,glaring fuel gage-center dash. This crappy seating material should be leather in this class. I don't know about any other W.E. but mine has a SORRY,SORRY sounding stereo

Quality design over other sedans
By RyanZ

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This inline 5 cylinder out performs all other sedans I test drove. It's just a fun car to drive even though it doesn't get the greatest gas mileage. The interior layout and speaker system is another great advantage over other makes out there. This car looks more sporty that the rest of the pack as well.

Sound system, steering wheel feel at high speeds, safety of braking system and air bags, and the turn signal triple light up is great for changing lanes.

Steel wheels with hub caps should be a thing of the past for all vehicle manufactures. Trying to replace the air filter with an aftermarket part was a real pain.

• SUV