Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Full satisfaction
By ibdtrader

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have owned my Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T with the 6Spd DGS Auto since Late July '08. I've been a continuous VW owner for 4 decades and this is hands down the best I have ever owned and driven. If I had to spec a car to all my likes, I couldn't have thought it out any better than VW delivered this one. Oh, and it stops as well as it goes - great brakes! As the car sits stock, it also looks great with the nice factory upgrades such as the wheels, low profile deck spoiler.

Hands down this car is about it's powertrain. The awesome 2.0T mated to the exceptional 6-spd DSG auto is the highlight of the car. Add the great handling and well-balanced chassis design, comfortable seats, power moonroof, and ergonomically designed interior.

As my car came equipped with all that I need, the only other feature I would like is power memory driver's seat and an auto-dim rear view mirror

VW, where have you been all my life?
By PiggyBaby

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Bought my Jetta Wolfsburg in July '08 and have put over 1,500 miles on it. I must say, this is absolutely the 'funnest' car I've ever owned - 6 in the last 10 years. Aside from the '02 BMW 330Ci, all my other purchases have been Japanese made. Looking back, I wish I'd only discovered VW's earlier. The handling and performance of my Jetta Wolfsburg reminds me very much of that BMW 330Ci I once owned, but at less than HALF the price of the Beemer. The Jetta is truly the best VALUE; I've never been so satisfied. I'm getting much more for the price I paid. This car really shines on the highways, as the power and acceleration of the turbo-charged engine is very responsive. Love this car!

CD/MP3 player w/ Premium sound (the speakers ROCK!!!), overall build & quality, 17" low-profile wheels, blinkers on side view mirror

A keyhole for trunk (it appears the only way to open trunk is from button on driver's side door and key remote), a gas cap holder, an automatic driver's car seat with memory settings

Changed My Mind
By Heather

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I first purchased this car it was just a car to get from point A to B. Now that I've had it over 4 months I absolutely LOVE this car. After learning how to drive with the S and shifters it is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Oil change ran 60 bucks at the dealer. Seems very maintenance friendly. MPG about 25 city driving. I'm not a lead foot so I think it is pretty reasonable. The only thing lacking is that I originally wanted a hatchback to haul stuff. I don't have the storage space I need, but after all it is a sedan. If you are in the market for a sedan definitely check this one out! I wasn't looking for this car it kinda found me. Overall very pleased.

All Interior applications for SEL model. Like the trunk release.

I wanted more trunk space, but this is a sedan. I haven't figured out a way to release the door locks without actually unlocking the key chain/passenger doors. It is kind of annoying, but a safety feature none- the-less.

My Second VW
By vw 4 life

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am also an outside sales rep and chose the '08 Jetta Wolfsburg fully loaded which replaced my '02 Jetta GLS. What an excellent choice for someone on the go. I've racked up 6100 in 3 months and use 91 or higher I'm getting great gas mileage, I love the Sirius radio and the more mature look. I did considered the BMW but thankful I stuck with VW. We are the most loyal owners and I love eating up the traffic as I fly by with my 6-speed triptonic. It's very fun to drive if you need more from your car I suggest stepping upto the Passat. Seriously you can't beat the quality and standard features that most other luxury vehicle build into there series upgrades. Test drive one at your local VW dealer!

The turbo engine, Sirius radio, heated leather seats, sunroof, the rims, the fold out cup holder in the back seat.

For the price I paid I would want the same digital car analysis (how much gas you have left by miles, how much you've used) that the passat offers and also the navigation system should be standard in the wolfsburg.

Best purchase.
By Jessica

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a Gray '06 Jetta 2.5 5-spd w/Package 1 (6 CD/MP3/Sat, leatherette, heated seats, etc.) which I purchased new. I brought it to the dealer in June for some warranty stuff (w/44k miles). As I'm waiting for the verdict, I stumbled into the showroom. Of course the inevitable happened & the sales manager approached me. So, I ended up test driving a 2.5 and a 2.0T WE which I absolutely fell in love with. Got a fantastic deal, a lower APR, a fresh warranty & more. I like that Monster Mats & Gorilla Gear were included too :) Black w/Anthracite, 6spd...plus it has the features my '06 had, for less $.

Leather wheel, shifter & e-brake, 17" wheels, ipod adapter jack in armrest, best bang for buck

MPG. Other than that, it's amazing

• SUV