2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Cute Car - Fun to Drive
By AB54 on 03/13/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just signed the lease on my car last week. So far, it has been great. It's cute and fun to drive. It is my first new car, so I am enjoying the new car smell :) I traded in my Acura 3.2 CL Type S, so I do feel like I am missing a little bit of power. The Jetta seems a bit sluggish. Still, I am really excited about the car. Super sweet!

Wolfy
By PaulG on 03/12/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

The reflex silver is beautiful. 2T engine is spunky with better MPG. Wheels make the car look much sportier. Nice job.

Jetta
By mico on 03/11/08 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Overall - a great car. Power of a V6 with gas mileage of a 4 cylinder, tons of room, feel very solid. Great value for the money - lease is very affordable If you feel like there is not enough power - just shift the transmission to S mode, and it flies.

Great Car For A Great Price
By Lee on 03/10/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Wow! This car is very fun to drive, has lots of power (I have 2.0L Turbo). Handling is crisp and the ride is very smooth. The interior design is much more than I would expect for car at this price point. Anyone looking for a car in this price range needs to test drive one of these. German cars are not only well thought out, they just handle better. Heated seats are great in the winter. The car even does all right in the snow, where the traction control makes a very noticeable difference. There are also several well thought out innovations to the car which make simple things more convenient.

Great Car for Great Price
By VWJeffery on 03/06/08 08:33 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the 2008 Jetta S a month ago. So far it has been a great car. I like the fact that the basic model looks practically the same inside and out. I opted for the "Titanium" package, which included the 17" wheels and rear spoiler, and it was definitely worth the price because the wheels really make the car. You would never know that it is a base model when seeing it drive by.

Poor Interior Design
By mbonder on 02/19/08 13:56 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Overall, excellent car. However, there is a tight fit for the driver's hand around the ignition and little space between the gear shifter and console. Interior design could be better, it's a little disappointing from a VW.

Love my jetta
By kris on 02/06/08 13:38 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just bought a new 2008 jetta se. My first one and so far I have enjoyed the car. Great ride, enough power to get me where I am going and fast if I need to. The interior is comfortable, the access to all the controls is handy. The handling is great.

Best car I ever bought
By Tim on 02/04/08 06:52 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Buying this car was one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm extremely happy. Quiet, smooth, quick, reliable, safe. I can go on and on.

High End German Feel
By Ted on 01/31/08 22:30 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought the 2008 Jetta SE with the charcoal exterior and dark grey interior. I really like this car. Has the look and feel of a much more expensive vehicle at an affordable price. I think the biggest criticism I've heard about the car is the exterior styling being too similar to the Toyota Corolla. I think the roofline and silhouette of the car is more sophisticated compared to the Corolla. The new tail lights for 2008 also have a new look (VW darkened the perimeter of the tail lights, giving it a more distinctive look). I think the interior is also top notch. Quality materials and lots of features you won't see on the Civic or base model, midsize cars (i.e. Camry, Accord, Altima).

Excellent buy for the money!
By Rachelle on 01/30/08 09:46 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I drove the Mazda 3 Touring and sport and originally wanted to purchase the VW GTI but after driving the Jetta, I loved it! The interior of the VW Jetta blows away the Mazda 3 since the Germans just pay so much more attention to detail. The gas mileage on the Jetta is about the same as the GTI so why not get the extra room? The car drives great, has room, looks great and should last forever! I LOVE IT!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.