2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Near Perfect car
By JR on 04/04/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I looked at Camry and Accord when deciding to purchase this car. Other than lack of center console storage the Jetta is a clear winner in every category. The fit and finish is superior to any car under 30K and the car is very quiet/solid. I am 6'3 and was more comfortable in this car than anything else I looked at. This is my first German car and I feel like I have really missed out with my past purchases.

Don't hesitatte, This is the one!!!
By wolfsburgdino on 04/03/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

DSG, black on gray interior. Very solid build, improvement noticeable even over 2007 model (wife has 2007 wolfsburg). Great response and performance from engine and transmission both. Nice sounding engine. 2.0t is much quieter than 2.5 unless you like to hear it growl...it can be somewhat tricky to find right driver seat position, knees tend to hit center console, but i have been able to adjust the seat to minimize the discomfort. find it very hard to stay off the accelerator. can be driving 100 and not notice it. car is very solid and you can feel it. Was able to get a very good price for it. not quite a GLI without all the extra stuff but for 7000 less, you can't beat it.

Greeeeaaaaattttt!
By Sal Flores on 03/30/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I Bought this car for my wife (her 3rd Jetta) and I've been driving it since the very first day, I have a 2002 BMW 530i Myself and told my wife she can keep it until I get bored of driving the Jetta;...It has been 3 months and I'm still driving the Jetta and I think I will never get bored of driving it. This car is awesome

So much car for the money
By Scott on 03/28/08 18:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have a Wolfsburg edition and it is so much car for the money. For 22K, you get a sunroof, leatherette, heated seats, premium audio, satellite radio, aux input, 17" alloy wheels, and a 200 hp 2.0T engine. No other car has all these options and powerful engine for anywhere near this price. This car is really really fun to drive! I've put 5,000 miles on it in the 2 months I've had it.

I tried em All, The Jetta is Best Value
By scooch00 on 03/28/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I love this new Jetta. I have had it just a week but in love already. I tried a ton of midsize cars before choosing the Jetta. It has the look & feel of a high priced Euro sedan for lots less. haven't taken a mileage reading yet but it seems very good mpg's. A friend could not believe the seats we not leather. The Sirius satellite is a keeper. I will re-up when the free 90 day subscription runs out. Heated seats are cool. Relaxes the back on long rides. Nice! The stereo is kicking. great sound quality. Everything is easy to control. My first VW. Looks like a long relationship in store.

Wise choice?
By fwypilot on 03/25/08 20:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife and I have owned this car for about 3 weeks now. We wanted a car that is fun to drive but also gets good gas mileage. I traded my Toyota truck for this car. Some would say that was a risky move but we were looking for better economy. I think we succeeded there so far. We're averaging 25 mpg so far. This is our first VW and we like the experience so far. The VW is very well equipped for the price. We also considered the Camry, Accord, Civic and Corolla. Each have their pros and cons but none are equipped as well as the Jetta for the same price. I think the VW has the most bang for the buck.

The best car
By KellysVW on 03/24/08 07:35 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I signed a lease for my Jetta Sat and I couldn't be happier. The car is so nice inside and out. The car is super fun to drive and it feels good on the road. Good power and the 5 speed is easy to use and so much fun. You have to get the 5 speed! I traded in my Blazer so this is way better on gas so far and a lot smoother on the road. The seats are comfortable and all the electronics in this car are beautiful. Great features for the price. You will love this car!!

This car saved my life....really
By Amanda on 03/18/08 19:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I can not say enough about my Jetta. I bought my Jetta only 4 months ago and last Friday night someone ran a stop sign going 60 mph and I was traveling 65 mph...and I slammed into him. I am a single mother of 3 children, all three of my children were in that car. We all walked away with bruises from the seat belts that is it! Today the insurance comp. told me my car is totaled. It was amazing how the VW absorbed the hit. The highway patrol told me I made a smart choice in cars. Needless to say I will be getting a new Jetta as soon as all this insurance stuff is over. Can not say enough!

Excellent car for the money
By axc4466 on 03/16/08 00:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have had the 2008 Jetta S for 4.5 months and put 5,500 miles on it. It is absolutely the best car on the market for the price paid. The interior feels luxurious. The drive is excellent - smooth and confident. Lots of power, legroom, headroom, ample trunk space. I have a base model, but I do not feel a need for anything that is not there. A true engineering marvel for this price.

Jetta - 3rd Time Around
By Jakeman on 03/15/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd VW Jetta and so far is my favorite. I had two earlier models and this one is a much better car. I really enjoy driving it. Even the S was enough. Wheel upgrades are a must over the hideous hubcaps. Buy some online or upgrade at the dealer to one of the VW wheels. I went with the 17" Goal wheels and they are awesome looking. Make the car complete. Also added the silver taillights, What a good look that is.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.