Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Bad ergonomics
By Small Woman

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Trying to downsize from a minivan, my husband picked out this car. I did test drive the car, but what can you tell in 15 minutes? It is totally ergonomically incorrect for my size - 5'. If I ran the world, all cars would have adjustable pedals, as they are a godsend for short drivers. The telescoping steering wheel is not enough. The gas pedal is very stiff and is causing knee pain. The seating arrangement - you have to recline - also causes me back pain, even though the seats are nice and supportive. I am not looking forward to driving this car in the snow - too much zip and no all wheel drive. All that said, my husband loves the car. He is a normal size and loves racing.

Instruments are fairly intuitive and easy to use. Daytime running lights are a nice feature. Love the sun/moon roof. Power is good for getting out of situations. Huge trunk.

Adjustable pedals that aren't hard as rocks. More standard features such as trip information, i.e., mpg. Even my minivan had that! Real leather. All power seat. What's up with the crank and pump? For the money, it is lacking in a lot of areas.

Best bang for the buck!
By scott

My wife and I were looking for a car that could do it all. Fun to drive, good gas mileage, high quality and comfort. Looks like we might of found it! We have been test driving cars for two months (Prius, ugly, slow, cheap plastic interior, over 30,000 for leather, corolla 158 hp, solid, slow, good looking, boring to drive, 21-29 mpg, 29,000 for leather, Honda fit, roomy, ok looking, real slow, feels cheap when driving) The Wolfsburg with the leatherette seats and the DSG transmission made me feel like I was driving a BMW 335i (I also test drove) just not as fast. As far as gas mileage, we bought the car in Scottsdale AZ. Drove through Flagstaff AZ, over to Fullerton CA (670 miles) got 31.4 MPG.

High quality, fit and finish, handling, comfort, mpg, a lot of car for the money! paid 21,300 included rear spoiler, window tint, plus FULL tank of gas!

more power adjustments on drivers seat, fix loud howl sound when sunroof is all the open going over 60 mph (close it half way, it's quiet too 85 mph) add mpg and compass readout, boost gauge!

Jetta Wolfsburg
By arodriguez

Just Leased the Jetta Wolfsburg. So far and it has only been 2 weeks, this car has far exceeded my expectations. The MPG is awesome (28mpg) the car has great pick up when needed. The interior is very well built and looks and feels like it should be in a $30k vehicle. It has a few faults that I have noticed. The biggest is there is no room for anything. Center console is way too small and having the aux jack in there is not the most well thought out feature. The passenger and driver seat adjustments are a little difficult. Other than that fit and finish on this car is great.

MPG so far is fantastic. Quality interior. Trunk is huge, sirius very nice. Car is very quick and fun to drive. 17's make the car look very sporty. 2.0 is the way to go. The Woflsburg is a great deal get one while you can. Very limited production run

Seat adjustments can be a pain. Would like sound controls on the steering wheel. More storage space, center console is a joke. Bluetooth as well. Overall exterior look is a little bland.

Wolfsburg 2.0T is a no brainer!
By Jeff

This is the third Jetta that I have owned and by far the funnest. Have been looking for a new one for some time and had settled on SE model. Then drove into the dealer and they said that the new 2008 Wolfsburg edition was out. The first thing I saw on the car was the 2.0 T tag on the back. Then I saw the 17" wheels and then I saw the sticker price. Only $400 over the price of a similar SE Jetta sitting next to it! This is an awesome deal for the difference in price. This car really moves and looks great! I got black with manual trans. My dad liked mine so much he bought the same car only in grey and DSG auto transmission. These cars are very limited so check with your dealer!

2.0T engine is a screamer