2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Jetta Wolfsburg is the best deal around!
By vwguy53 on 02/09/09 04:59 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent value and features. Wasn't a big fan of the 2005 redesign (looks are too Japanese...), but the 2.0T and 6-sp manual sold me! You get the GLI/GTI powertrain and top-notch build quality for not much more than Civic money. You'd have to spend thousands more to find a car with comparable performance, features, and quality. Herbie made me a VW fan. And owning 25+ VW's over the years have only made me more enthusiastic about the brand.

2.0T is a great, great package!
By Ben on 10/29/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was actually looking at a Rabbit with the (Canada-only) Sport package, which ended up being more expensive than my Jetta 2.0T. (I would have considered the 2.5, which was considerably cheaper, but they only had it in beige.) My mother drives an 08 Eos with the 2.0T/6-speed manual combination, and that combination was undeniably the most fun I had ever had driving. The 2.0T/6-speed manual is wonderful in the Jetta as well; combined with 17" wheels, black bumper trim, huge trunk. Loving it. Traded in my Mazda3 Sport - which I loved - for this Jetta and have not missed my Mazda for a second. Class-leading power, comfort, interior materials, fun-to-drive quotient.

My Second VW
By vw 4 life on 08/29/08 18:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am also an outside sales rep and chose the '08 Jetta Wolfsburg fully loaded which replaced my '02 Jetta GLS. What an excellent choice for someone on the go. I've racked up 6100 in 3 months and use 91 or higher I'm getting great gas mileage, I love the Sirius radio and the more mature look. I did considered the BMW but thankful I stuck with VW. We are the most loyal owners and I love eating up the traffic as I fly by with my 6-speed triptonic. It's very fun to drive if you need more from your car I suggest stepping upto the Passat. Seriously you can't beat the quality and standard features that most other luxury vehicle build into there series upgrades. Test drive one at your local VW dealer!

Best purchase.
By Jessica on 08/24/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a Gray '06 Jetta 2.5 5-spd w/Package 1 (6 CD/MP3/Sat, leatherette, heated seats, etc.) which I purchased new. I brought it to the dealer in June for some warranty stuff (w/44k miles). As I'm waiting for the verdict, I stumbled into the showroom. Of course the inevitable happened & the sales manager approached me. So, I ended up test driving a 2.5 and a 2.0T WE which I absolutely fell in love with. Got a fantastic deal, a lower APR, a fresh warranty & more. I like that Monster Mats & Gorilla Gear were included too :) Black w/Anthracite, 6spd...plus it has the features my '06 had, for less $.

Awesome Car!!
By sherrile39 on 08/12/08 05:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was a former Jetta owner. The biggest mistake I have ever made was trading that Jetta in on a Ford Mustang GT. I have learned the biggest lesson of my life! Never again! It's unbelievable the torgue this little car has. You better hang on or she'll get away from you. I love the tiptronic transmission. So whatever mood I am in I can adjust the shifter to what I need, making it very fun to drive. The sport suspension gives it a great handling ride. It offers everything I need, from the sunroof to the 17 inch wheels. Stylish car inside and out. I love this car. VW I am so glad to be back!

My 1st V-Dubb
By Dennis on 08/05/08 18:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Waited 4 months for an '08 Accord coupe. Walked into the v. W. Dealer, drove the auto and made the deal for the 6 spd. Love driving the car; feels like a lot more expensive car. There should be more creature comforts on this quality of build. Just picked the car up on 7/28 so haven't really "driven" the car yet. The couple of time I've gotten on it a bit lets me know the car surely feels a lot stronger than I thought it would. By the way, my reliability rating of 5 is because I haven't had the car long enough to rate it fairly. Oh, how I wish I could "rate" the dealership too!

Don't Buy the 2.5!
By rgtreste on 08/04/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Do NOT buy the 2.5! If you do, you are selling yourself short. I owned one for 8 months before realizing how awful the gas mileage is: 21mpg in the city/hwy. NOT COOL! I traded up for a Wolfsburg 2.0T and absolutely love it, not to mention it gets much better fuel economy. Another thing i didn't like about the 2.5 was the loud engine, especially at start-up, that sound isn't even heard in the new TDI. Another positive note: i drove this car for 12 hours to Fl. and did not feel tired and worn out when i got there. This car is way comfortable.

Lot of Bang for the Buck
By Laurayla on 06/28/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

We just traded in our 2008 Jetta SE for the 2008 Wolfie to get the financing deal. We were planning to just swap for another SE, but when we saw the Wolfsburg with its rear spoiler, 17-inch sporty wheels and the turbo for only a little more, we had to drive it and all we could say was WHEEEEE! Lots of power and it's quieter than the SE. Effortless acceleration where the SE would buzz like a moped to get up to speed. One thing we did not realize, though, was that it takes premium gas -- ouch! Fun ride, awesome fit/finish and we had no problems with our SE so we expect none here. Styling is decent in and out. Roomy and comfy. Trade did hold pretty well. Excellent value.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.