Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Jetta Wolfsburg is the best deal around!
By vwguy53

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Excellent value and features. Wasn't a big fan of the 2005 redesign (looks are too Japanese...), but the 2.0T and 6-sp manual sold me! You get the GLI/GTI powertrain and top-notch build quality for not much more than Civic money. You'd have to spend thousands more to find a car with comparable performance, features, and quality. Herbie made me a VW fan. And owning 25+ VW's over the years have only made me more enthusiastic about the brand.

2.0T engine, 6-speed manual tranny, performance, stellar fit/finish and materials quality

Multi-function steering wheel & trip computer would be nice; fog lights, too; less road noise would be welcome.

2.0T is a great, great package!
By Ben

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was actually looking at a Rabbit with the (Canada-only) Sport package, which ended up being more expensive than my Jetta 2.0T. (I would have considered the 2.5, which was considerably cheaper, but they only had it in beige.) My mother drives an 08 Eos with the 2.0T/6-speed manual combination, and that combination was undeniably the most fun I had ever had driving. The 2.0T/6-speed manual is wonderful in the Jetta as well; combined with 17" wheels, black bumper trim, huge trunk. Loving it. Traded in my Mazda3 Sport - which I loved - for this Jetta and have not missed my Mazda for a second. Class-leading power, comfort, interior materials, fun-to-drive quotient.

Huge trunk, turbo, 6-speed manual transmission, quality of interior materials, GREAT fuel economy when driven slowly, classy looks, amazing sound system, standard 17" wheels, heated seats.

Standard xenon headlights on 2.0T model, lighter steering, better grip on standard tires, less noisy heating system, rain-sensing wipers, automatic headlights.

My Second VW
By vw 4 life

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am also an outside sales rep and chose the '08 Jetta Wolfsburg fully loaded which replaced my '02 Jetta GLS. What an excellent choice for someone on the go. I've racked up 6100 in 3 months and use 91 or higher I'm getting great gas mileage, I love the Sirius radio and the more mature look. I did considered the BMW but thankful I stuck with VW. We are the most loyal owners and I love eating up the traffic as I fly by with my 6-speed triptonic. It's very fun to drive if you need more from your car I suggest stepping upto the Passat. Seriously you can't beat the quality and standard features that most other luxury vehicle build into there series upgrades. Test drive one at your local VW dealer!

The turbo engine, Sirius radio, heated leather seats, sunroof, the rims, the fold out cup holder in the back seat.

For the price I paid I would want the same digital car analysis (how much gas you have left by miles, how much you've used) that the passat offers and also the navigation system should be standard in the wolfsburg.

Best purchase.
By Jessica

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had a Gray '06 Jetta 2.5 5-spd w/Package 1 (6 CD/MP3/Sat, leatherette, heated seats, etc.) which I purchased new. I brought it to the dealer in June for some warranty stuff (w/44k miles). As I'm waiting for the verdict, I stumbled into the showroom. Of course the inevitable happened & the sales manager approached me. So, I ended up test driving a 2.5 and a 2.0T WE which I absolutely fell in love with. Got a fantastic deal, a lower APR, a fresh warranty & more. I like that Monster Mats & Gorilla Gear were included too :) Black w/Anthracite, 6spd...plus it has the features my '06 had, for less $.

Leather wheel, shifter & e-brake, 17" wheels, ipod adapter jack in armrest, best bang for buck

MPG. Other than that, it's amazing

Awesome Car!!
By sherrile39

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I was a former Jetta owner. The biggest mistake I have ever made was trading that Jetta in on a Ford Mustang GT. I have learned the biggest lesson of my life! Never again! It's unbelievable the torgue this little car has. You better hang on or she'll get away from you. I love the tiptronic transmission. So whatever mood I am in I can adjust the shifter to what I need, making it very fun to drive. The sport suspension gives it a great handling ride. It offers everything I need, from the sunroof to the 17 inch wheels. Stylish car inside and out. I love this car. VW I am so glad to be back!

The turbo. The tipronic transmission, the great handling. a lot of car for the money. Heated leather seats. Sunroof. 17 inch wheels, huge trunk.

NONE. I love it!