2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Love my VDub
By italianbrunette311 on 03/15/10 15:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great car, very safe in the snow. Coming from a sports car to this wasn't very hard because it has so much pep. Bought this car March 2008 and 2 years later I have not had one problem with it.

Ended my winter worries
By Buzz on 01/04/10 12:16 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We exchanged our 2008 Mazda 3i in because as fun as it was to drive, it floundered on even the shallowest hills if there was snow on the road. My spouse was terrified getting to work, so our New Year's resolution was to drive a safer car. We bought this pre-owned Jetta to replace the Mazda. WOW WHAT a Difference! This car is solid and we now realize what "hug the road" means. The stability of this vehicle is complemented this winter by the toasty-warm heated seats which almost makes me reluctant to get out of the car. Volkswagen clearly takes Pride in their Jetta and its design. Inside and out it is a wonderful choice. It could stand more storage space up front for CD's and such.

Very Happy with 2008 Jetta
By Bill Johnson on 03/12/09 04:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife wanted a BMW. This car is as close as u could come without the price. Jetta is tight, quiet and quick. the 170 hp 5 cylinder is quiet, fast and fun but i can get 37 mpg on highway. Wife and I are very different is likes and dislikes. This car came as a GREAT compromise for us. It fits any occasion we have come across so far. I am very happy so far 12,000 and no hint of any problem to take it back to the dealer.

Changed My Mind
By Heather on 09/05/08 12:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I first purchased this car it was just a car to get from point A to B. Now that I've had it over 4 months I absolutely LOVE this car. After learning how to drive with the S and shifters it is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Oil change ran 60 bucks at the dealer. Seems very maintenance friendly. MPG about 25 city driving. I'm not a lead foot so I think it is pretty reasonable. The only thing lacking is that I originally wanted a hatchback to haul stuff. I don't have the storage space I need, but after all it is a sedan. If you are in the market for a sedan definitely check this one out! I wasn't looking for this car it kinda found me. Overall very pleased.

Luxury for little $$$
By Vince120 on 06/29/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After looking around at many of the comparable vehicles, none could compare and I bought the Jetta. I see a lot of this is great, that is great here so I'll focus on a couple of real quirks I've noticed, but don't get me wrong, I love everything everyone else loves about this car. First off is the visors/rear view mirror. How cheap! While the interior has THE nicest materials in this economy class, the visors are cheap plastic non-sense. The mini- vanity mirrors, with the quirky sliding door and the 1/2 matchstick light bulb are worthless. Center console room front and center is very tight. The rolling knobs for the seats and dash lights are difficult to adjust while driving.

better fuel economy
By better fuel economy on 04/06/08 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I had a 06 tdi and it got flooded. So what do you buy now. I drive 75,000 miles a year. I am 6 ft 1 in so the room in the front seat is excellent. The car handle beautiful. The leather heated seats are very comfortable on long drives. The hand control for electronic instrument display are nice. Also recommended oil changes are only every 10,000 miles. Be careful the oil is high but you can get it on eBay. I also liked the 1000 dollars owner loyalty money. Trunk is big. Lots of room in this car. Thought I might buy a used tdi but they were more than a paid for it brand new with 30,000 miles. I will trade it for a brand new tdi when they come out in august.

Cute Car - Fun to Drive
By AB54 on 03/13/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just signed the lease on my car last week. So far, it has been great. It's cute and fun to drive. It is my first new car, so I am enjoying the new car smell :) I traded in my Acura 3.2 CL Type S, so I do feel like I am missing a little bit of power. The Jetta seems a bit sluggish. Still, I am really excited about the car. Super sweet!

Love my Jetta
By jeff on 12/15/07 14:14 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My Jetta is the most fun car I have ever driven. I recommend it to all my friends and family. It has a nice happy medium between performance and safety and it also gets really good gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.