Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Good Value and a Good Ride
By Rob

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Pros: Fun to drive (stick shift), Dependable, Paint has stayed bright, This S model (base) has many conveniences found only on more expensive cars, such as all four windows power up and down automatically, many hooks in the trunk for attaching grocery bags, etc., two power sockets, good arm rest between front seats.

Cons: Relatively poor mileage for the engine size, Weak Brakes (most VWs).

Love my VDub
By italianbrunette311

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Great car, very safe in the snow. Coming from a sports car to this wasn't very hard because it has so much pep. Bought this car March 2008 and 2 years later I have not had one problem with it.

Heated seats, heated side mirrors, fake leather (real leather is so ugly and is hard to maintain)

Power seats for both driver & passenger. Bigger rims, better mpg. More horsepower.. not exactly the TDI cup edition but come a little closer..

Ended my winter worries
By Buzz

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We exchanged our 2008 Mazda 3i in because as fun as it was to drive, it floundered on even the shallowest hills if there was snow on the road. My spouse was terrified getting to work, so our New Year's resolution was to drive a safer car. We bought this pre-owned Jetta to replace the Mazda. WOW WHAT a Difference! This car is solid and we now realize what "hug the road" means. The stability of this vehicle is complemented this winter by the toasty-warm heated seats which almost makes me reluctant to get out of the car. Volkswagen clearly takes Pride in their Jetta and its design. Inside and out it is a wonderful choice. It could stand more storage space up front for CD's and such.

Handling and traction, heated seats, sunglasses holder, general interior

More storage for CDs, coins, etc. Better mileage, lighted keyhole, lower prices :)

Very Happy with 2008 Jetta
By Bill Johnson

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife wanted a BMW. This car is as close as u could come without the price. Jetta is tight, quiet and quick. the 170 hp 5 cylinder is quiet, fast and fun but i can get 37 mpg on highway. Wife and I are very different is likes and dislikes. This car came as a GREAT compromise for us. It fits any occasion we have come across so far. I am very happy so far 12,000 and no hint of any problem to take it back to the dealer.

All of them. intermittent wipers slow down at stoplight, turn signals take just a slight touch to works. cruise is easy to access and work. Sport setting on 6 speed auto is fun to drive. console top slides forward to use as armrest. insnow dash indictor shows when wheels sliding. gas mileage

change the way to recline the passager seat back. When I want to set the seat back to nap in the car on a trip you have a hand crank wheel to turn. It works but just a pain. Bucket seats are just a bit narrow

Changed My Mind
By Heather

2008 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I first purchased this car it was just a car to get from point A to B. Now that I've had it over 4 months I absolutely LOVE this car. After learning how to drive with the S and shifters it is the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Oil change ran 60 bucks at the dealer. Seems very maintenance friendly. MPG about 25 city driving. I'm not a lead foot so I think it is pretty reasonable. The only thing lacking is that I originally wanted a hatchback to haul stuff. I don't have the storage space I need, but after all it is a sedan. If you are in the market for a sedan definitely check this one out! I wasn't looking for this car it kinda found me. Overall very pleased.

All Interior applications for SEL model. Like the trunk release.

I wanted more trunk space, but this is a sedan. I haven't figured out a way to release the door locks without actually unlocking the key chain/passenger doors. It is kind of annoying, but a safety feature none- the-less.