2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automated Manual Consumer Review - Week One Review

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

Week One Review
By PlatinumGLI on

2007 Volkswagen Jetta GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've only had the car for a few days now so these are my initial impressions. Look for another one by me in about 3-6 months. So I came over from a 2005 Volvo S40. The GLI performance and fun to drive factor is miles above the S40. The comfort and ergonomics are significantly less than the S40. Initial impressions: strong build quality (it sounds and feels very solid). Performance is fantastic. I love its style. I know it's very safe. Good visibility and great trunk space. The MFD (trip computer) is a bit confusing at first, it's not as user friendly as what I'm used to. Stereo has great features but sub-par sound (much better in Volvo). More details to come later - check back!

Favorite Features

Performance, DSG transmission with paddle shifters and tiptronic options, style (except for tail lights), wheels, chunky steering wheel, trunk space, interior dimensions, exhaust growl, platinum gray color, satellite radio, aux input, launch control (haven't tried yet), aftermarket compatibility.

Suggested Improvements

Rear tail lights are ugly IMO, seats are difficult to get comfortable but it is possible, trip computer is confusing, weak speakers, you should be able to control aux input thru stereo system, put the input in a better location (you can have it run thru the center console).