2007 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: The Wolfsburg Ed. - Nice deal!

2007 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Wolfsburg Edition Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

The Wolfsburg Ed. - Nice deal!
By Larry$ on

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as an alternative to the GTI, GLI and Rabbit. The GTI and GLI were just too expensive when loaded up with the options I wanted while the Rabbit even fully loaded seemed lacking to me. The Wolfsburg Edition is a joy to drive, it handles as nicely as the others in my opinion, and even with the 2.5 has more than enough zip for me. I use it mostly for my commute to work, 25 miles one way and also to load up guitars in the trunk for repair work I do on the side. The trunk space is huge and can be expanded into the back seat area - a big plus for me, the main reason for the GTI and Rabbit was cargo space. This car gets about 30 mpg highway which accounts for most of my driving.

The console and dash lighting is awesome, with two small detail lights over the console to give some light while driving. The sport mode on the Tiptronic is to die for. The detailing of side panels and plenty of crash protection are a major plus for any car, this has both.

As standard equipment, fully electronic seats, an iPod adapter and also a Wolfsburg circular badge on the trunk lid or front lower hood would be nice.