Great car!
By briandjctn on
2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)
I got this car new in Oct 2007. It now has a little over 46k miles on it. I have had only 3 minor warranty repairs. The car has been a blast to drive since the day I bought it. It has been reliable, and gets good gas mileage (usually about 25-28 mpg combined city/hwy). A word of warning though, to those that live in areas prone to snow in the winter: winter tires are a must. This car is truly terrible in the snow. It will go along ok on flat ground - but it will not go up the slightest snow covered incline. The DSG gearbox will not allow 2nd gear starts, nor will it shift to another gear if the wheels are spinning. Overall though, a great car. Love the torque!
Favorite Features
The 2.0 Turbo engine is phenomenal. Powerful, efficient, and fairly economical. The 110 outlet in the rear part of the console is fantastic. Also love the way that the climate contral automatically switches to recirculate when I go into reverse, or use the windshield washers.
Suggested Improvements
I would like a little bit softer ride - it's a little stiff for my taste. Also, I wish the stereo completely controlled the Ipod. I hate having to make alphabetized playlists.