Fell in Love after the first ride
By ehollander on
2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I bought it in 2010 as a certified used car with 40K miles on it, and I need to say it is a blast to drive it everyday, I drove many cars before from Olds to Ford, Toyota and Chrysler but none kept me interested in keeping the car longer then 2 years. But this one is the best in quality fabrication, interior space quality and ride pleasure. I averaged about 30MPG before I changed my tires and had an allingment done now with the new ecopias it is even better new avg is 33-34 MPG and the cabin is so quiet. Also after 35k miles driven now no problems not even the rear breaks, but the dealer told me I would need to replace them after about 40K miles. I LOVE THE JETTA.
Favorite Features
The Automatic/ manual transmission. the wiper system is great. You have it on and you come to a halt a the red light and the wipers are going on interval mode then back to normal when you drive off again.(Never seen that with any other brand. The trunk space and bag holder and the small space on the side(I keep my empty recycle bags in there when not in use). the gas mileage is good to great. the 10 speakers in the car are great in sound. All the windows have a 1 touch button up or down. But the best is in the hot weather days here in Texas, insert your key in the door and turn it to the left and hold it for about 5 sec. and all windows opens same and it closes them to the right.Clever
Suggested Improvements
keep it up with those small clever ideas and you will stay ahead of the competition. If you buy a Jetta or a VW in general look at the small details like the unti pinch window never heard about it try it out open the window put your hand in the window place and close the window after it feels resistance it will drop about 5 inches and stop. Child safety is great. Also the cooled glove compartment is great. Yes the ipod could be somewhere else but it is ok.