Nice Solid Compact Car
By Bob on
2007 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
This car drives and handles well. It's fun to drive and is nicely appointed, but it's the most expensive Jetta package, costs over $25,000. Trading in a '01 V6 fully loaded Passat, I didn't want to give up any extras. The new styling is great, and the upgraded 17" wheels make the car stand out. I did not test drive the car on the interstate before buying...big mistake. The road noise is very noticable, much louder than what I'm used to. I keep turning up the radio to compensate. If I had it to do over, I probably would have looked more at a midsize car and checked for a quieter ride. If you're looking for a small car and can get past the road noise, it's a nice car.
Favorite Features
It has a nice leather package. The steering wheel controls and digital information center are neat. I like the upgraded 17" wheels. It has good trunk space for a compact car.
Suggested Improvements
The lateral distance between gas pedal and brake is too tight. The cruise control lever and top digital reading on the information center is hidden behind the steering wheel. A strip of body side molding would be nice.