2007 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Good mileage, my foot!

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Review

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

Good mileage, my foot!
By DanTheMan2007 on

2007 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Jetta, 3rd VW in all. My '98 Jetta got well over 30 mpg. My '07 averages 18 mpg! I've been back to my dealership 4 times and they basically tell me 'too bad'. I contact VW Corporate and they told me I have to work with the dealership, and that Corporate has nothing to do with it. Overall, I love the car, except the gas mileage and the lack of power (feels like 4 cylinders, not 5). I'm very disappointed in VW on the way they handled this issue.

Fun to drive. Headlights are very bright. The car is sporty. Power windows and radio still work after you turn the car off. Keyfob trunk release is cool as it opens the trunk for you. Two power jacks in the car. Moonroof air vent is cool. Turn signals on side mirrors are nice.

What genius thought of putting the MP3 jack in the glove box? The moonroof (when used alone) makes a whole lot of noise. The brakes shoot out a lot of excess brake dust. My rims are always black and I don't beat on the brakes. 5 cylinders feel like 4. A/C isn't as cold as wife's new Sentra.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review