Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

My love/hate relationship with this car
By katelin22

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

About six months after I bought my car (my first car ever), the splash shield separated from the bumper and crumbled into a million pieces on the freeway. I took it to the dealer, and they said that my insurance should pay for it and that this happens all of the time because the European make of the car causes it to catch on US parking curbs. I went to my insurance agent and they said they weren't going to pay for it, because it wasn't due to an accident. I had to pay $1800 in repairs out of my own pocket. I have since had problems with my driver's side door, and my brakes almost didn't stop my car on a hill. Expect to apply a large amount of pressure on your brakes to stop at high speeds!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, accelerates quickly, safe

Suggested Improvements

Brakes, front exterior

Brakes Need Work
By CJ

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

As I read through the reviews, I agree with the brake issue. I had to replace my rear left brake system completely at about 10K miles. The rear caliber seized and wore down my pads and bent the rotors. I am now close to 18K and having another brake issue. I have had 2 other cars of which I put well over 100K each and did not run into this problem. If it were not for this problem, I would say the car is great. Awesome handling and great pickup. Very comfortable on long road trips. Just fix the brake issue!

Favorite Features

Nice sound system for being stock. I like the interior design, especially the stick shifter...nice detailing.

Suggested Improvements

FIX THE BRAKES! Replacing every 15K is ridiculous.

Brake problem!
By badbrakes

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Not a bad car overall. But I guess some lucky few (including me) have experienced defective brakes. I had to replace the rear pads and rotors at 21,000 miles and now again 9,000 miles later! VW claims this is normal wear and tear. I've owned and driven many cars and never had to replace pads, let alone rotors before 40,000 miles. There is no brake wear indicator light for the rear brakes, only for the front. The rotors are designed so that they have to also be replaced every time the pads are replaced. Very expensive!

Favorite Features

overall a nice car if you don't mind paying 300+ every 15,000 miles to replace rear pads and rotors

Suggested Improvements

Fix the brake problem and treat your customers better! I understand that things happen but if there's a problem and it is a manufacturing problem, own up to it and take care of your customers.

Bad Brakes!
By david

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Overall the car is ok. I'm one of the unlucky few that has brake problems. I had to replace the rear brakes and rotors at 9,849 miles. I'm still fighting to get it done under warranty. The brake sensor is only for the front brakes so you will find out too late that your rear brakes need replacing.

Suggested Improvements

fix the brake problem!

You can tell it is a german car!
By Franco

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After test driving some Japanese makes (you can imagine which ones), I finally made it to the VW dealer, and it felt like I had been driving go- karts all day! This felt so solid and drove so well. I loved the tiptronic transmission and the VW signature blue and red display on the dashboard! The mileage this car gives is also very respectable. This was the last car I test drove. The 6'6" salesman opened the driver's door wide open when we got back to the dealer, hung himself from the door for about 7 seconds, and then closed the door. It closed as if nothing had happened. He looked at me, smiled and said: "Do not try this on a Japanese!" I thought this was a funny remark. I love my Jetta!!!

Favorite Features

The sunroof presets, the tiptronic transmission, the solid feel when driving, the easy to maintain leatherette seats that heat in less than a minute in the winter. I also love the blue and red display.

Suggested Improvements

Optional premium sound system (unavailable when I bought mine), make it a bit lower for more of a sporty feel.