2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
A Happy, Classy Car
By Jen on 07/07/07 21:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Overall I am in love with this car. The exterior styling is attractive without being excessively flashy, the interior is well thought out and welcoming. The steering is excellent, and don't be fooled by the 150 hp; the torque more than makes up for it and gives plenty of passing power. This car has a very solid feel for such a little thing. My only disappointment with the Jetta is its gas mileage. I've observed about 21/25, which is a bit inferior to other cars like the Civic or the Accord. Overall I am more than willing to make this trade off since I see a billion Hondas on the road every day, which makes me feel a bit more unique in my happy-looking Jetta. :)

2.0T & DSG - best combination!
By Pogi on 07/01/07 23:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.0T 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

We absolutely love this car! This is my wife’s car but I try to make excuses everyday just to drive it. The 2.0T engine is fabulous! No turbo lag and handling is great. DSG is amazing! I am not sure why high end cars don’t have DSG. This will be the benchmark for sequential gear boxes and the future of changing gears. The finish is fantastic. VW has put the fun back in the Jetta. Reliability is still a question mark. Hopefully VW fixed this issue. Overall, this car is a sensation! Should you get one? You bet you should.

Week One Review
By PlatinumGLI on 06/27/07 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I've only had the car for a few days now so these are my initial impressions. Look for another one by me in about 3-6 months. So I came over from a 2005 Volvo S40. The GLI performance and fun to drive factor is miles above the S40. The comfort and ergonomics are significantly less than the S40. Initial impressions: strong build quality (it sounds and feels very solid). Performance is fantastic. I love its style. I know it's very safe. Good visibility and great trunk space. The MFD (trip computer) is a bit confusing at first, it's not as user friendly as what I'm used to. Stereo has great features but sub-par sound (much better in Volvo). More details to come later - check back!

Love it!
By Dorene on 06/18/07 21:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with this purchase. Not too flashy, not too boring. Fun to drive. It comes at a bargain price with lots of features that would normally cost extra. It handles great, and feels safe and solid. I went into the whole car shopping process fully expecting to buy another Honda Civic, and this car is much better. My first VW, but probably not my last. No regrets here.

Love my Jetta
By Customer on 06/13/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've owned 2 prior VWs (2002 Passat and 2005 Jetta), all have been reliable. So far, after 6 months, this Jetta is proving the same. I picked the VW over competitors for the options and the drive.

Second Jetta... they keep getting better
By Brooke on 06/06/07 17:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my second Jetta 3/07. I was a fan of my 2002 GLS manual Jetta but WOW do I love my 2007 automatic Wolf! So much more pep and the interior leatherette and heated seats are great. Averaging 30 MPG highway, which is better then my 2002 manual was. I'm about to hit 5000 miles and so far this car is the best. I will stick with VW for my next car too b/c for the money you can't beat all that you get.

My VW Rocks!
By v-dubber on 06/05/07 18:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan GLI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is a great solid car. You get the convenience of a sedan but with more personality and fun. It's roomier than previous models. Trunk space is great, and grocery hooks are handy. The tire pressure monitor is a plus. The low profile tires are a little sticky, so rides on the highway can be bumpy and uncomfortable for some. The premium fuel recommendation could be pricey even with the good gas mileage. I'm a little concerned with VW's past reliability history, but so far I've been pleased. I chose this over the Acura TSX because I like the sportier feel and its features for price. I actually don't mind the drive to work!

Love it!!
By Tim on 06/02/07 17:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

What a huge difference over the previous model. It has made a transformation into an adult jetta. The size is greatly improved and it feels much larger.

Since I can't afford the A4
By jettablue on 05/30/07 06:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This truly is the next best or closest I can get to an A4 without feeling like I got the cheapest thing available. The value this car represents is incredible especially when looking at standard features. The ride is quite comparable to an Audi A4 although perhaps a bit softer.

First time Vdub man
By Dave on 05/27/07 19:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After several American and one Japanese car this is my first European sedan and so far I couldn't be happier. Handling is great city or highway driving. Steering makes parallel parking a breeze. While the acceleration off the line is average, passing on the highway is easy. You won't get the gas mileage of a Civic or Corolla, but the Jetta is not terrible either. I'm getting about 29 mpg on the highway and with all the standard features and quality of the interior, I'll take the Jetta anyday.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.