2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Wife and I love it!
By Joe on 09/23/07 16:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We bought a white Wolfsburg Edition with a tan leatherette interior and have been very satisfied. It has a quality, well insulated interior and the exterior resists chipping from pebbles very well. Although it can only muster a 17 second quarter mile time, it feels quicker in the lower gears thanks to the 6-speed auto. It also cruises effortlessly at 80 mph and has good passing power at freeway speeds. The car handles well with a firm but not too harsh ride. It also has very powerful brakes with an emergency brake assist system that has the ability to apply full braking force in case the driver does not. Overall the car has a solid quality feel to it and seems to be thoughtfully engineered.

Ripped Off
By Disappointed on 09/20/07 13:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought new on 8/31/07, returned 9/1/07 for my AC and heating not working. So far, VW has had my car for 2 weeks and expects to have my car another 3 weeks due to "production problems" for the part that my Jetta requires (sensor/compressor). They say this problem just started occurring in the 2007 models and they aren't equipped to handle the need for so many parts. I'm now sporting a Mercury Sable that I pretend is my Jetta :( Extremely disappointed in VW, but the time I did have it I enjoyed it. Just afraid that I now have a lemon on my hands - what brand new car breaks after 1 day??? BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Greatest value
By Cameron James on 09/17/07 14:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Everybody wants to spend their money wisely, as do I. If you're in the market for a new or used vehicle, this is the way to go. A must see car, if you have not before. So many standard features, so little price. Check it out, and compare to other choices. You will not be disappointed.

Great Car!
By Lyndy on 09/17/07 09:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car in January and already have 13000 miles on it. The dealership has given me great deals on maintenance and I haven't had any problems. I love how it drives and it is easy to handle. This is the first new car I've ever bought and it's great. So far it's been a reliable, low maintenance car!

Excellent car!
By Tom on 09/07/07 21:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We just bought a base Jetta with 6 speed automatic transmission and love it. Good throttle response and decent power from the 2.5 liter five cylinder engine/6-speed automatic transmission combo. No problem issues to report and the best highway fuel mileage so far has been 33.6 mpg keeping a steady 70 mph. At around 80 mph, the mileage is consistently 29-30 mpg. We've been averaging 22-25 mpg around town. We drove a lot of cars before settling on the Jetta for its cost, features, safety, comfort, and handling. The handling is perfectly stable at 80 mph on the interstate and yet nimble in town. Nothing else came close.

Jetta Wolfsburg, Nice Car!
By JettaDriver on 09/01/07 16:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my second VW Jetta that I have purchased. I traded in my 2004 Jetta GL and upgraded to the 2007 Wolfsburg Jetta. I couldn't think of any other car to purchase. It has always been reliable, great on gas, a smooth ride, and held its value very well. So far I am very impressed with the changes on the interior. Since the 2004 model they have added the temperature gauge, arm rest/console, mp3 jack, etc. The safety features are awesome too!

piece of junk
By Kevin on 08/21/07 23:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I had a 1987 VW Jetta and I had the worst experience with it. I thought after 2 decades VW finally got better. Oh boy I was wrong. The 1987 was made in Canada and Mexico, and when it needed repairs I had to buy German parts at very high price to repair the car. Same story with the 2007 model. It's made in Mexico and the workmanship is VERY POOR. Just within 2 months the car started to fall apart. This car is a mechanical nightmare. No wonder more and more people buy Toyota. Just after 1 month the master cylinder (for brakes) needed replacement. 4 days ago, the car overheated on the way to Vegas. I made a huge mistake to buy this car. What good is 6 airbags when it is always in repair shop?!!

'07 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
By usferic on 08/20/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just purchased my VW Jetta. It is the closest to a BMW I will get for a while and so far I love it. It is fun to drive and has tons of features, I am finding new features everyday. So far I love this car. I would definitely recommend it to others looking for a reasonably priced sedan with lots of features.

I love this car
By jettalover14 on 07/23/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my first VW and I have to admit I've always dreamed of owning one. I went into the dealership to buy a rabbit but saw the deal on the Jettas and fell in love with this car. Her name is Annie. Yep, I named her. I love everything about this car. It's functional, holds insane amounts of my stuff (I moved three times this spring in it), the gas mileage is just awesome, I have everything I want. Cup holders, easy to reach radio and CD controls, a beautiful blue glow at night, bright headlights, I can't say enough about the steering. This car is just fun to drive!

I love my car
By Michael on 07/21/07 17:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I drive a lot. I have about 12000 miles on my Jetta and I only bought it in January. I went with the wolfsburg and it has everything that I wanted in a car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.