2 Years & 40K
By Joe on
2007 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
Overall the car has been reliable, but several problems have developed. First, it developed a bad smell due to mold in the A/C condensor. Lysol didn't work so I had to take it apart and clean it with bleach. Now we turn the A/C off a few miles before arriving at our destination and let the condensor dry. Then the lifts on the trunk wore out, which means the lid doesn't automatically open anymore. The third problem is a mild ticking sound from an exhaust manifold leak. It's not too bad since I can only hear it when accelerating moderately onto the freeway. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to be getting worse. I'm debating if I should take it to the dealer, lest something else get screwed up.
Favorite Features
Power is adequate and can be prone to smoking the tires for some distance with the ESP traction control off. I found this out by accident one day when I decided to see if the ESP made any difference. I think the car is more fun with it turned off. What do you think:) Car has lots of cool features.
Suggested Improvements
1) The seats could be softer as they are a little too firm for long trips. 2) Rear brakes throw off too much brake dust, though they seem to be wearing normally. 3) Headlights should turn off when ignition is turned off. 4) Next time don't tell the wife about what happens when you turn off the ESP