Used 2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Wife and I love it!
By Joe

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We bought a white Wolfsburg Edition with a tan leatherette interior and have been very satisfied. It has a quality, well insulated interior and the exterior resists chipping from pebbles very well. Although it can only muster a 17 second quarter mile time, it feels quicker in the lower gears thanks to the 6-speed auto. It also cruises effortlessly at 80 mph and has good passing power at freeway speeds. The car handles well with a firm but not too harsh ride. It also has very powerful brakes with an emergency brake assist system that has the ability to apply full braking force in case the driver does not. Overall the car has a solid quality feel to it and seems to be thoughtfully engineered.

Moonroof, sport mode, ESP, emergency brake assist, adaptive steering, telescoping wheel, lights in mirrors, individual interior lights, 8 speaker stereo, large trunk, storage compartments, glove compartment cooler, heated seats, keyless entry, rear a/c vents, magazine pockets, dashtop vent.

Standard light switch should turn off lights automatically when key is removed. Seats can be too firm for long trips if your not careful about the way you are seated. After 5 months, the trunk no longer opens fully by itself. Engine growling EGR noise when started cold. Price of roof rack & r.shade.

Ripped Off
By Disappointed

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought new on 8/31/07, returned 9/1/07 for my AC and heating not working. So far, VW has had my car for 2 weeks and expects to have my car another 3 weeks due to "production problems" for the part that my Jetta requires (sensor/compressor). They say this problem just started occurring in the 2007 models and they aren't equipped to handle the need for so many parts. I'm now sporting a Mercury Sable that I pretend is my Jetta :( Extremely disappointed in VW, but the time I did have it I enjoyed it. Just afraid that I now have a lemon on my hands - what brand new car breaks after 1 day??? BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Trunk space, good pick-up, lots of features, handling.

Make a reliable car & care about customer satisfaction!!!

Greatest value
By Cameron James

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Everybody wants to spend their money wisely, as do I. If you're in the market for a new or used vehicle, this is the way to go. A must see car, if you have not before. So many standard features, so little price. Check it out, and compare to other choices. You will not be disappointed.

Luxury items, like heated leather seats. And big time safety features. You don't have to look for lower insurance, just buy a Volkswagen!

Great Car!
By Lyndy

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car in January and already have 13000 miles on it. The dealership has given me great deals on maintenance and I haven't had any problems. I love how it drives and it is easy to handle. This is the first new car I've ever bought and it's great. So far it's been a reliable, low maintenance car!

MP3 auxiliary jack, sun roof, leather interior.

The aux jack could be place some place other than the glove box!

Excellent car!
By Tom

2007 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We just bought a base Jetta with 6 speed automatic transmission and love it. Good throttle response and decent power from the 2.5 liter five cylinder engine/6-speed automatic transmission combo. No problem issues to report and the best highway fuel mileage so far has been 33.6 mpg keeping a steady 70 mph. At around 80 mph, the mileage is consistently 29-30 mpg. We've been averaging 22-25 mpg around town. We drove a lot of cars before settling on the Jetta for its cost, features, safety, comfort, and handling. The handling is perfectly stable at 80 mph on the interstate and yet nimble in town. Nothing else came close.

Build quality, many standard features, handling, comfort. Excellent tiptronic 6-speed automatic transmission.

I really like the car as is. Can't think of any!